harpcolumn

New harp pictures

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break New harp pictures

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Cassie M
    Participant

SOOOO PRETTY! What a LOVELY harp(well harps, your swan is gorgeous too)! I know this may sound very dumb, but how is this harp played? It looks too large to practically even get your arms around. WOW its just amazingly beautiful! I LOVE it! Maybe its not as long as I’m imagining? Hmmmm… I really know nothing about harps, I’ve only played two inside a harp store, and only for a few minutes. Sorry if I missed it, but what type of pedal harp is this?

kay-lister

Jer – to answer your question about the sound,

kay-lister

Whoops Cassie, I didn’t finish answering your question.

Sylvia
    Participant

Nice pics.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Sounds awesome!!

Jer

tony-morosco
    Participant

Definitely not.

While I don’t think there is anything wrong with doing it barefoot once in a while if you don’t practice with shoes regularly you can end up having a hard time when you actually have to play with shoes on.

The inability to feel the pedals directly through the soles of shoes can be a problem if you are not used to it, and the fact that you can be a little sloppy with your foot position in bare feet because you can grip the pedal with

Cassie M
    Participant

Thanks Kay! I wasn’t sure how exactly that one was played. I figured you wouldn’t have got it if you couldn’t play it though! 😉 haha Yea I just put the down payment on my first harp today! Its a Ravenna 26, not as exciting as your beauty, but I’m still VERY excited! I’m excited about it portability though, because I know I’m going to want to show it off! 😉

Cassie M
    Participant

Sorry about the grammar errors in the last post I made! I still can’t figure out a way to edit, so oh well. at least you can tell I’m excited! 😀

renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

Oh, I’m so envious! That’s exactly the harp model I’ve been wanting for a while. Congratulations! Tell me, what’s the sound like? Warm and resonant, full of volume, or more bright and bell-like?

kay-lister

Hi Renate,

I answered

renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

Oops, sorry. I need to learn to read entire topics before posting :p
    I’ll save everything I can until I can afford it! My birthday’s coming up soon so I hope family and friends will help me along the way.

mr-s

Wish you have a very beautiful times with your new harp, congratulations.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies