Misty Harrison

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 270 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Changing technique #84997
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Precisely! Thanks Sam. When you do a masterclass you pick things that aren’t easy but are fixable in a brief timespan because that’s all you have and that’s what’s expected. Because that’s what happens the teacher can seem to be a mircale worker when they’re just a good teacher choosing quick things to fix. Then the student thinks they should rush to study with that person but what they should do is take a lesson. Better yet a few of them. Then they get a fair idea of the whole package over time. I did not mean they try to deceive people in a masterclass setting.

    It’s been 23 years since I graduated college but there are three harpists in my area who each had a very rough bachelor’s degree because the teacher was not supportive and because the teacher allowed a very hostile environment where students would practice each others orchestra parts in the next room and create interferences with practice

    in reply to: Changing technique #83770
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Natty it sounds like some of the things you like about working with this french teacher are the way she teaches not just

    in reply to: Changing technique #84483
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Natty it sounds like some of the things you like about working with this french teacher are the way she teaches not just

    in reply to: Changing technique #84993
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Natty it sounds like some of the things you like about working with this french teacher are the way she teaches not just

    in reply to: Nail Polish??? 0.o #107819
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Almost all nailpolishes are made with formaldehyde which is not good stuff. I don’t wear the stuff but I do wear sleeveless dresses. I am not comfortable when playing with a lot of material on my arms.

    in reply to: Nail Polish??? 0.o #107813
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    I have to ask. Why were you trying nailpolish Saul?

    in reply to: Judith Liber Masterclass Italy #149645
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Thanks Elisa. That really helps. It sounds wonderful.

    in reply to: Lyon and Healy base cover issue #73593
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    I have this problem too and it is the shape of base cover. The harp slips off the dolly even when I am walking about the harp to fasten the strap and sometimes when I’m wheeling it around but it never happens if the base cover isn’t on it. I do use the cover but go very carefully and slowly and make absolutely sure that the harp is secure before letting it go even to fasten the belt. Would love to see a workable solution to this problem that doesn’t mean not using the base cover. i used to not use the base cover on

    in reply to: Salzedo #107841
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    I can see how it might seem like that was the case. You can get the CD’s from vanderbilt or some of the other carriers. There’s a lot on the recordings and I think you’ll like them. Remember they’re live recordings when you’re listening to them. It’s impressive.

    in reply to: Salzedo #107839
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Like Tony said you can get the On the Air CD set. That is him playing the harp, etc. The fee for the CD set goes to the Salzedo Centennial Fund as far as I know.

    in reply to: shipping the harp from Usa to Europe #149660
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Julia I have wondered about this same thing a lot. Can you let us

    in reply to: Harps and neighbors #73611
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Somewhere on here is a thread from a few years back about horrible neighbors and the harp

    in reply to: international harp competition winners #83591
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    in fact some make recordings of them and there’s also Marie Pierre Langlamet’s recording of concert etudes

    in reply to: international harp competition winners #83590
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    if you find an etude that you like and think is actually good can you play it in performance even though we’re not really supposed to play etudes in performance? I ask because pianists (even really accomplished ones) do it all the time

    in reply to: Harp Blogs? #107472
    Misty Harrison
    Participant

    Steve Moss and Peter Wiley have websites and blogs I think and a lot of harpists have blogs if you look at their websites. Some are really good

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 270 total)