harpcolumn

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Salzedo

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jessica A
    Participant

Has anyone here actually heard Salzedo play or heard his recordings?

tony-morosco
    Participant

I’ve heard recordings.

I don’t know if anything online, but there is a 2 cd set of recordings of his live radio performances called Salzedo On The Air which is excellent. It includes interviews as well as a couple of examples of him on piano (people often forget he was also an incredibly talented pianist and composed for piano as well as harp).

Jessica A
    Participant

I’d like to hear him playing the harp.

Misty Harrison
    Participant

Like Tony said you can get the On the Air CD set. That is him playing the harp, etc. The fee for the CD set goes to the Salzedo Centennial Fund as far as I know.

Jessica A
    Participant

Oh, I thought he meant the playing examples were just piano.

Misty Harrison
    Participant

I can see how it might seem like that was the case. You can get the CD’s from vanderbilt or some of the other carriers. There’s a lot on the recordings and I think you’ll like them. Remember they’re live recordings when you’re listening to them. It’s impressive.

tony-morosco
    Participant

Sorry if I was unclear.

The CDs are mostly harp, but they do contain a couple of piano pieces. I just thought I would mention it because they are extremely rare recording of Salzedo playing something other than the harp, but as would be expected the CDs are mostly harp, and he plays a lot of his most well known compositions on them.

They are really very impressive.

He is also on a cd called masters of the piano roll, playing piano. Equally awesome. I am hoping his lps will be released on cd. I am going to try to transfer mine, but I don’t know how high the quality will be.

I will say, the overarching impression I have from his playing is that he was without limitations whatsoever. I have never heard that in anyone else.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies