Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantSaul, I might be an even bigger Etude Disciple than Carl, but I want to address your question about memorising first, before I get to the Etudes.
Mel Sandberg
Participantsorry…..
Instead of Camelot – Camelittle
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantI could have sworn I’ve replied to this before, but I don’t see my reply.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantI have the time if you have the inclination
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantDear Amy
Like everybody, my condolences, and I don’t have the exact answers either, but would have made similar suggestions, and obviously wish you well with the recovery.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantFearghal, for what it’s worth to you, when I had to learn this the first time, I had to do it in 2 months.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantSid, if your harp is blue, and the orchestra management doesn’t want it, and there are other harpists around, then let them ask others who have harps of the colour that they want.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantSorry to be another idiot, but can somebody explain a carpet bomb to me?
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantSorry to be another idiot, but can somebody explain a carpet bomb to me?
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantSorry, the curse of this thread is that one seems to remember something else after you’ve pressed SEND.
Very fast
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantEtude No 6 by Bach/Grandjany in C Maj (middle of the book) – very easy and memory-lapse-proof
Etude No 1 by Lariviere (middle of Watkins book) – fast and busy, so that hands don’t have time to tremble
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantI find that harp scales are easier than piano scales in the middle range, because of the identical fingering patterns, but they are not so easy very low down, and very high up, because the whole body position changes, and the stretch around the harp is difficult in the low region.
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantSylvia
Good luck with your books, and congrats on your good reviews.
Sorry to be an idiot, but what is a quinceañeras?
Mel
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantSylvia
Good luck with your books, and congrats on your good reviews.
Sorry to be an idiot, but what is a quinceañeras?
Mel
Mel Sandberg
ParticipantSylvia, Ido everything you do and I agree with every word you said.
-
AuthorPosts