harpcolumn

cool slang names for pieces

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break cool slang names for pieces

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    David Ice
    Participant

Audrey, I’d never heard those ones!

kreig-kitts

I was recently reminded of Gounod’s Romeo and Juliet, which prompted me to mention the nickname I have for Juliet’s second aria: “Shut Up and Drink It Already.”

Sorceror’s Appendix by Duck Tuchas (Dukas)! (Sorry.)

Catherine Heise
    Participant

It’s not “harp”, but how about “there’s a bathroom on the right” for the old Creedence Clearwater Revival song?

“Once On a Meada” (meadow) for Guantanamera.

John McK
    Participant

Carl writes: “I’m sure we’ve all heard foreign students refer to the Concerto for Fruit and Harp by Mozart. I need a vacation…”

In England there is a blues band, and all the members are of Japanese ethnicity. So the name of the band is “We Pray The Bruise”

unknown-user
    Participant

being a “foreign” type myself, what can I say….

unknown-user
    Participant

My whife calls Rimsky-Korsakov “Rimsky-Corpusov” as Rome (Rim in our language) Corpus

unknown-user
    Participant

Ha! I’ll remember that one! I’m playing at the Polish club next month (they have the most beautiful hall..)

unknown-user
    Participant

How About “Tantum Ergo Makes Your Hair Grow” – a throwback to Catholic grade school.

Fearghal McCartan
    Participant

I know this is a jolly old post now but I came across this one the other day. Vaughan Williams – Flos Campi is now known as Flo’s Scampi.

Fearghal

paul-knoke
    Participant

And Respighi’s “Pints of Rum” and “Fountains of Rum”, or Tchaikovski’s “Waltz of the Flow Snakes”, not to mention Mussorgsky’s “Pictures of an Exhibitionist”……

tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

Taco Bell’s Canon in D, a processed classical music piece often played at weddings.

gorman-jones
    Participant

How Lovely Are the Mason Jars Mendelssohn

Mel Sandberg
    Participant

I could have sworn I’ve replied to this before, but I don’t see my reply.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.