cool slang names for pieces

Posted In: Coffee Break

• Participant
    David Ice on #108711

Audrey, I’d never heard those ones!

kreig-kitts on #108712

I was recently reminded of Gounod’s Romeo and Juliet, which prompted me to mention the nickname I have for Juliet’s second aria: “Shut Up and Drink It Already.”

Participant
    Elizabeth Volpé Bligh on #108713

Sorceror’s Appendix by Duck Tuchas (Dukas)! (Sorry.)

Participant
    Catherine Heise on #108714

It’s not “harp”, but how about “there’s a bathroom on the right” for the old Creedence Clearwater Revival song?

Participant
    Briggsie B. Peawiggle on #108715

“Once On a Meada” (meadow) for Guantanamera.

Participant
    John McK on #108716

Carl writes: “I’m sure we’ve all heard foreign students refer to the Concerto for Fruit and Harp by Mozart. I need a vacation…”

In England there is a blues band, and all the members are of Japanese ethnicity. So the name of the band is “We Pray The Bruise”

Participant
    unknown-user on #108717

being a “foreign” type myself, what can I say….

Participant
    unknown-user on #108718

My whife calls Rimsky-Korsakov “Rimsky-Corpusov” as Rome (Rim in our language) Corpus

Participant
    unknown-user on #108719

Ha! I’ll remember that one! I’m playing at the Polish club next month (they have the most beautiful hall..)

Participant
    unknown-user on #108720

How About “Tantum Ergo Makes Your Hair Grow” – a throwback to Catholic grade school.

Participant
    Fearghal McCartan on #108721

I know this is a jolly old post now but I came across this one the other day. Vaughan Williams – Flos Campi is now known as Flo’s Scampi.

Fearghal

Participant
    paul-knoke on #108722

And Respighi’s “Pints of Rum” and “Fountains of Rum”, or Tchaikovski’s “Waltz of the Flow Snakes”, not to mention Mussorgsky’s “Pictures of an Exhibitionist”……

Participant
    tonie-ogimachi on #108723

Taco Bell’s Canon in D, a processed classical music piece often played at weddings.

Participant
    gorman-jones on #108724

How Lovely Are the Mason Jars Mendelssohn

Participant
    Mel Sandberg on #108725

I could have sworn I’ve replied to this before, but I don’t see my reply.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.