Mel Sandberg

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 231 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Can You Believe… #110077
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Saul, your idea is very admirable, and I wish you the best with it, and I hope you make really lots of money, but I don’t believe it is new.

    in reply to: Trills on harp #83445
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    I understand now what you are all talking about.

    in reply to: pedal diagrams #86067
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    I have never even heard that there was meant to be a specific place for the pedal diagram, (above or

    in reply to: Trills on harp #83440
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    I have tried all sorts of things for trills, and can’t do a successful one-handed trill at all, but my best result is with 21-21-21-21 (better than anything else).

    My 2nd teacher, who was a student in the lineage of Parish-Alvars – Grimm – Posse ……. taught me that for a good one-handed trill, on eg. D and E, the 3rd finger should hold on to the C just below, (for support) and the 2 + 1 should trill on the D + E.

    in reply to: Trills on harp #83439
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Carl, is this Fountain of Zabel that you mention something else than La Source (Am Springbrunnen)?

    in reply to: How to play with flat palm? #86147
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    I also looked at that video.

    in reply to: sharps and flats #110183
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Carl, I have a question of my own: à la your explanation of the grand staff having too many lines, and the

    in reply to: Trills on harp #83421
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Thanks for advising about that you believe Catherine Michel does it the same way. I am thrilled with my discovery of it.

    in reply to: Fingering #86184
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    That same thing – the DADF, I can only have two fingers on-string at a time.

    in reply to: Composition for harp (help needed) #83379
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Alexandros, for what it is worth, I tried also to open the links, but nothing worked – not the score or the MP3.

    in reply to: Trills on harp #83419
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    In reference to the opening trill of the Boeildieu…. Well, I have given the Xavier de Maistre trill a bash, or two, or three, and I can’t do it that way at all.

    in reply to: Fingering #86182
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Karen, not only are my hands so small, but I can’t stretch them wide.

    in reply to: Trills on harp #83417
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Carl, thanks for the advice.

    in reply to: Fingering #86179
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Carl, I am very interested in your reference to the Mozart concerto, and the broken thirds.

    in reply to: bursitis (shoulder) #151599
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

    Nancy, I have ultra-sound on my wrists and forearms

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 231 total)