kent-vogel

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Jokes #104881
    kent-vogel
    Participant

    The study of the pedal harp is not a broad subject,…the greatest players are men!

    Sorry.

    in reply to: Jokes #104875
    kent-vogel
    Participant

    A harp is a piano with no clothes on.

    in reply to: Gut Harp Strings #147152
    kent-vogel
    Participant

    A quick reply,…May God bless you all for helping! When I studied with the late Francis Miller at the University of Minnesota, in those days,

    in reply to: Recording Harp #147145
    kent-vogel
    Participant

    Adam, You are way cool! May I strongly encourage you in all your efforts. I have my own ideas about the harp, but isn’t that what life is all about(?), new ideas.

    in reply to: What I hate about being a harpist #105234
    kent-vogel
    Participant

    Could you please tell me how you bought it and how you got monthly payments?

    Sadly, those five years

    in reply to: I know it’s coming . . . #105358
    kent-vogel
    Participant

    I would recommend that you back down the tension a little for the top maybe four octaves when you are done playing for the evening., maybe a third of a turn. It is very disconcerting (please pardon the pun) to hear strings pop in the night! Maybe there could be a piece written Titled, “Pop in the Night!”

    in reply to: the one that almost got away #105371
    kent-vogel
    Participant

    Your story sounds way cool! Your heart said, “This is what I want.” More beauty in the world!

    in reply to: Correct stool height? #105408
    kent-vogel
    Participant

    Raise the harp before lowering your comfort. May I most humbly suggest this!

    in reply to: Bedside Harp? #105419
    kent-vogel
    Participant

    Very sincere best wishes, Mr. Zlatkovski! I studied with Francis Miller for years! Might you have some input for me to posess an, at the very least, first rate pedal harp? Mildred Dilling would have been very approving. She would lead me by the hand and make me sit down and play her personal harp!

    in reply to: Bow vs. Burgandy #105489
    kent-vogel
    Participant

    I am going to be researching this string problem. I feel that

    in reply to: How do you organise your music? #104806
    kent-vogel
    Participant

    A first rate way to organize most things is with an alphabetical file, by title of the piece, or by author and the the title of the piece. Put the work or your work immediately back in the file when finished. Best Wishes!

    in reply to: Ideas for teaching a NINETY TWO!!! year old #83199
    kent-vogel
    Participant

    My very humble two cents worth would be to have someone tune her harp well,several times to get a tolerable pitch, and then have her use her thumbs to gently create fairly well defined descending glisses, with the right and left hands alternating on the same note, played slowly, and then descend to the next string, and repeat the same, so R234,L234,R234,L234,etc., and concentrate on the fulfillment of the beautiful sounds of the four strings played in a descending gliss, and then come up from where she descended to with perhaps a combination of the third and fourth fingers, or all four fingers of each hand depending on

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)