harpcolumn

Rent-to-own pedal harp?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Rent-to-own pedal harp?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Does anyone know if there is a dealer in the U.S. who provides a rent-

to-own agreement for pedal harps?

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Betsy,

Harps Unlimited International has a rent/own option for pedal and

lever harps. You can find them at http://www.harps-international.com

-Pat Dougal

PRD Harp Service

unknown-user
    Participant

Lyon and Helay has a rent to own deal, too.

unknown-user
    Participant

The Harp Connection in Salem, Massachusetts recently expanded their rental

program to include pedal harp rentals towards purchase.

unknown-user
    Participant

Be aware of rent to own situations where you can’t buy the exact

harp you are renting and need to pay lots of extra shipping fees

and make sure you get everything in writing!

Alex Flores
    Participant

I saw that after the rental period ends, and if you wish to purchase, the site says you can pay in full, but that’s all it says. Can you continue making the same monthly payments until the harp is paid off, or do you have to pay in full after the rental period ends?

kreig-kitts

You’d probably want to check with individual dealers about how the purchase payment is made. Most have financing available if someone can’t pay the entire amount at once.

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Notice that this is a very old post. When I was trying to rent, or even rent-to-own last year, I had NO luck.

Things have a way of working out though, because I now own 2 pedal harps, and that was just a matter of luck.

IF anyone actually KNOWS of a business that rents, or has rented recently (pedal harp only, some do rent lever harps) it would be helpful to others for them to post.

Even if you LOVE a pedal harp, unless you’ve actually housed one it’s hard to imagine the size, and they are really big!

Allende Franco
    Participant

I rent pedal harps and also provide a rent to own option. All of my harps are regulated yearly, are in very good condition, and when needed, are reconditioned professionally.

The majority of my pedal harps rent for $150.00 per month and include Lyon and Healy, Salvi, Wurlitzer, Camac, and Venus Models.

I can be contacted at HarpRental@gmail.com or (917) 353-1820.

My telephone is New York, but I am located in Orlando, Florida. I can ship anywhere.

Allende Franco

carl-swanson
    Participant

I rent pedal harps, mostly in the New England and greater New York City area. If there is an option to buy, it will be written in the rental contract. But the renter is never obligated to purchase and can rent as long as he/she wants. If the renter decides to buy, then a maximum of 5 months of paid rent will be applied to the purchase. The full balance then has to be paid. The renter also has the option of applying the 5 months of paid rent to any other harp I have for sale which belongs to me(occasionally I sell harps for other people. In those cases the 5 months paid rent will not apply).

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Franco, do you also rent any of the antique pedal harps?

louise-vickerman
    Participant

Summerhays Music Store in Salt Lake City has a rent-to-own program on their inventory of Camac harps: http://www.summerhaysmusic.com/Products/Harps/index.html

Allende Franco
    Participant

Jessica, I do have some antique harps in my personal collection that I occasionally rent out on special request.

Allende Franco

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Thanks!

janelle-lake
    Participant

Check with Venus: http://www.venusharps.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies