harpcolumn

Russian Harpists

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Russian Harpists

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Who are the leading Russian harpists? I actually only know a few, and the ones I knew of have probably retired.

mr-s

what do you mean in leading Russian harpists ? players or teachers?

Players and teachers, if not the same.

Diana Maja
    Participant

Natalia Shameeva (also spelled Shameyeva) and Anna Levina will also be playing at the World Harp Congress this summer in Vancouver. Anna will be doing a demonstration and talk on Russian ballet cadenzas, and Natalia will be performing a recital of Russian repertoire.

I’m very happy I can attend the masterclass of Natalia Shameyeva on the 12th of March in Mechelen, Belgium.

alexander-rider
    Participant

Some more “up-and-coming” Russian players include Nina Kupriyanova, Elizabeth Mernaya, Maria Goudimov, Maria Kruschevskaya etc.

mr-s

players of course dont forget the Legendry russian Harpist, Tatiana Tower, but sad that she died. and Irina Donskaia as a player and Professor in St peters burg , and Asia Varosian was a great prof too but she retired, in Moscow should be many players , and good professors are Shameeva Natalia and Milda Agazarian.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

What about Andres Izmaylov?

Are Emilia Moskvitina and Olga Erdeli still active?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies