Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
jessica-wolff
ParticipantLooks like a Pakistani harp.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantIt was Tom Sawyer, but good point.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantSeems to me a small, folksy accordion is a different story from one of those big piano accordions.
jessica-wolff
Participant(sigh) Absolutely anything would be better than the levers I have, but these sure sound good.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantAt the WHC in Vancouver, Dave had a booklet of car colors, meaning you can actually get your harp to match your car! (That would be salsa red in my case.) The “natural” looks like black tweed.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantPamela also said that you can’t do the painting on a used harp. I imagine that’s because you’d have to remove any finish from the soundboard.
I loved some of her artwork, especially the ivy.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantIt occurred to me that my chosen instruments are all instruments you put your arms around and make the sound very directly with your own fingers. I think that should be very appropriate.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantGood for her, especially for rejecting “Jingle Bells” in favor of “Silent Night.”
jessica-wolff
ParticipantThe same to you and to everybody else!
December 24, 2011 at 2:21 pm in reply to: San Francisco harpist Matcella DeCray has passed away at 83 #104697jessica-wolff
ParticipantThis is our second notification of the fact, but thanks for the article!
jessica-wolff
ParticipantThanks!
jessica-wolff
ParticipantUniversal sharping levers? What the heck are they?
jessica-wolff
ParticipantI usually pray I won’t have to replace those strings.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantI hope there will be more TK.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantWhere’s the link?
-
AuthorPosts