harpcolumn

Music for Harp and Accordion

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Music for Harp and Accordion

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Conor
    Participant

Yeah, I remember that. Well maybe for Gary, harp and accordion music doesn’t really have chemistry with each other. I too heard amazing blending with the harp when I was partly learning accordion lessons back then (but really didn’t take those lessons seriously though).

sherry-lenox
    Participant

I guess the world divides into “lovers” and “haters”. I happen to fervently love the accordian. It was the instrument that the really popular and talented kids played when I was a kid, and it was possible to hear virtuoso performances on accordian in concert, and really often on tiny B&W TV screens.

Maybe some of us should take on the task of writing some music for this combo.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Seems to me a small, folksy accordion is a different story from one of those big piano accordions.

We had a wonderful harp-and-accordion duo at the World Harp Congress in Vancouver: Duo Milonga. The harpist is Aneta Janiszewska and the accordionist is Konrad Salwinski. Here they are on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlBB-6oMpyg

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.