Jerusha Amado

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 973 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Is there no honor in email agreements? #62854
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Justin,
    How neat that you’re located in Hong Kong!
    <>That thought did cross my mind, that even though emails are “semi legal”, if you will, who is going to bother with the time/expense of enforcing them?

    in reply to: Is there no honor in email agreements? #62853
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Kay and Jimmy,

    It’s intriguing, Kay, that you don’t use email at all. I will ponder that notion!
    And I have to agree with you, Jimmy, that David went through a lot more, so this could have been worse.

    in reply to: Is there no honor in email agreements? #62852
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Elizabeth (miss you!)

    It’s particularly sad that you had worked for the school in the past. And the fact that the folks who hired you were too embarrassed to tell you and therefore lied about the true reason is eye opening. I just wonder if as a society we’re not willing to deal with a problem head on.

    in reply to: Is there no honor in email agreements? #62851
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Onita,
    <> That is just awful.

    Not having an explanation is somewhat disturbing, but what you said here is so insightful: <> I even felt that my two emails and one phone message were too much. That was the limit of what I was willing to do.

    in reply to: Is there no honor in email agreements? #62845
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Sylvia,
    I suspect that she got the phone message. I thought about continuing to try to reach her, but her repeated lack of response prompted me to lose all interest in performing at the venue. I don’t think that it’s ethical to agree to hire someone and then dump him/her when a better or cheaper alternative presents itself. I doubt that she would have appreciated it if I were treat her in such a fashion, e.g. back out of her gig to take one that paid more money.

    in reply to: Is there no honor in email agreements? #62842
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Tayce,
    My impression of email is that it’s somewhere between a verbal agreement and a signed written contract. It supposedly doesn’t carry the legal weight of the latter because emails are “mushy”–they can be easily falsified by knowledgeable techies. I’m no lawyer; this is just what I’ve heard via the grapevine. If I don’t know the client, then I let them know that I’ll be following up with a written contract. Email, even telephone calls, work for me with trusted clients.

    in reply to: Is there no honor in email agreements? #62841
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Thanks, Ellen, for the sympathetic response! This is the first time I’ve had anything like this happen.

    in reply to: Which amp should I go with? #77987
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Thanks, Kay, for all of your help!

    in reply to: Which amp should I go with? #77983
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Kay,

    How many watts does it have and how much does it weigh? If you do find the serial number, I’d love to have it!

    in reply to: What a world ! #113405
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Whenever I feel sorry for my own troubles, I think of Basel and what he is enduring.

    in reply to: 2010 directory of AHS #113358
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Basel!
    It’s wonderful to see you posting here!

    in reply to: MERRY CHRISTMAS! #113330
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Merry Christmas to you also, Kay, and have a wonderful New Year!

    in reply to: Basel and Prayers for Peace #113319
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Thank you, Eliza, for updating us on how Basel is doing. Please send my love to him!

    in reply to: The Ultimate and Definitive Lever Heirarchy #77877
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    My experience has been with Camac, Loveland and Performance levers. Of these three, my first choice is Camac. They are very smooth to operate, do not distort string tone, and are not too difficult to regulate. They are reasonably easy to see, but like Marco, I would prefer that the levers that indicate C’s and F’s have their colors more prominently displayed. They are, however, pricier than other brands and add a little more weight to a harp, so that might be an issue for those who want a lightweight instrument. The Lovelands are my second choice. They are inexpensive and easy to regulate, and the long-handled ones are relatively easy to see. They also don’t add a lot of weight to a harp. The cons are that they distort the tone of strings slightly when engaged and the manufacturer doesn’t use much color to differentiate between C’s and F’s . (I bought the color rings that Sylvia Woods sells to compensate for this issue.) And finally the Performance levers are my least favorite. They are smooth to engage and easy to see, but they wear the strings much more than the other two brands, and they are a pain to regulate, even for professional regulators. I no longer own a harp with these levers, thankfully.

    in reply to: New harp #77832
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Deb,
    I have a friend who owns an Aberdeen, and it is exactly like yours–beautiful, strong resonant tone in a compact package. It holds its own well whenever we get together in a harp circle. I am very impressed with it!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 973 total)