harpcolumn

New harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories New harp

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    deb-l
    Participant

Aberdeen Meadows caught my ear when I was looking for a warm, solid wood body, nylon strung, semi portable harp. I remembered the silver bass strings on the glen Allen I rented, and watched ray Poole play on youtube and I knew it was what I was looking for. The seller accepted my offer now all I need to do is wait for some milder weather for shipping. Here is a picture, truitt levers, laser engraving of doves, in walnut, can’t wait..

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Congratulations, Deb! It’s a beauty! Please let us know when it arrives!

deb-l
    Participant

Thanks Jerusha, Just got word it’s being shipped today. It’s wonderful to have time to play and enjoy the harp again and have been able to get most of the tunes back under my fingers. Need to get working on Christmas carols. Do you still start the music stand threads for each season? Was looking for it although I’ve nothing new, curious what others are up to.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

I haven’t done one in a while, but I’ll put one up right now.

deb-l
    Participant

Sorry Jerusha, didn’t mean to pester you! Thanks for all you do to make this a supportive and interesting forum!

randal
    Participant

Congrats Deb!

I’m getting a new harp this week too–on Friday. It’s even local–no shipping! : ) (Triplett 30 wire)

deb-l
    Participant

Congratulations Randal! It’s beautiful. Please share your thoughts when you get it (if you can put it down). We are both getting walnut harps.. I love the clover cut outs, bet it sounds heavenly. I am trying not to worry about the shipping process..

randal
    Participant

Well, it’s out of your control…let my experience last April be the sacrificial harp for us all! Nothing but the safest travels for your new harp–and us all

lyn-boundy
    Participant

i’m so looking forward to hearing more about both of these. I can almost taste the anticipation!

deb-l
    Participant

Who did you purchase that I’ll-fated harp delivery from in April Randal? We are having a big storm tomorrow so I am going to hopefully pick up my harp today as I think it’s in CT waiting for them to schedule delivery. I thought they would wait till next week to ship when weather is milder but they said finish is OK for freezing temps.. They called Rees before shipping. They are holding a pedal harp going to Utah for warmer temps and I would rather have waited but they had it all ready to go packed up and waiting for pick up when I called Wednesday.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Hi Deb,
    No problem! I’m glad to start the Music Stand thread. It’s fun hearing about what folks on the forum are doing!

randal
    Participant

Deb, the harp was carried by UPS.

deb-l
    Participant

I didn’t want to leave it to chance and picked it up myself. They did a great job of packing it in a big Lyon and Healy box, no dents in the box, not even a broken string on the harp whew!!! I played for a bit and it is larger than I expected so had a really nice deep bass and warm sounding for nylon. Light to carry and fits perfect in my back seat. Wish I could call into work for rest of day but will have to be patient till later this evening to play til my harps content. Very happy with my choice!

Let us know when you have your harp home safely Randal!

randal
    Participant

Great Deb!

deb-l
    Participant

Randal must be too busy playing his new harp to give an update!

I didn’t expect the string tension to be as high probably because I’m used to the Aziliz, bit I am loving this harp. It has a big beautiful deep yet clear sound. Very mellow and soothing. Really perfect. It’s comfortable to play and light for its size.. Very responsive. The bass sounds bell-like.

Now if only Randal will tell us how he likes his harp!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies