Jerusha Amado

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 973 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Fantasy Harp #113655
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Eliza,
    I’m also a big fan of the look of the Javelot. Have never had the opportunity to hear one, though. I’d love to know more about its tone. Have you ever heard one played?

    If I were in the market for another lever harp I would buy a Dusty Strings 36S in bubinga with Camac levers.

    in reply to: injured toe while practising in bare feet #60632
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Wow, it’s good to know that this kind of thing can happen. My teacher always taught me not to practice in bare feet. I never got into the habit of it and am glad I didn’t!

    in reply to: OUCH! #113644
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    I’m so glad to hear that you’re feeling better!!

    in reply to: OUCH! #113642
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Kay,
    Are you feeling any better?
    Jer

    in reply to: The American Harp Journal- Carl Swanson #62202
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Thank you, Carl, for your wonderful contribution to the classical literature of the harp!

    in reply to: Which musical instrument insurance company is good? #113648
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    I second Sid’s post. Anderson has been great for me!

    in reply to: OUCH! #113640
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    AND, those crazy people with the cameras shooting through the strings, up my nose

    I had to laugh at that comment. I can definitely relate!

    in reply to: OUCH! #113639
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Physical therapy helped me out a lot with some pain I was having in my neck, so I’m really glad that you’ll be seeing your therapist. I hope that you feel better soon!! Hugs, Jer

    in reply to: Heartland Starlight pedal harp #76497
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Does anyone own one of these yet? I’d like to hear opinions of its tone and projection. I’m also wondering if its light weight vs. its 74″ height causes any balance problems.

    It’s great that you can add a highly-figured design to the carbon fiber material; however, from the photos I’ve seen thus far, the clunky aspect of the column and base detract from the aesthetic for me.

    in reply to: Regular performances – hotels/restaurants #62888
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Brittany,

    Was that for a one-time event or for an extended number of dates? I was also curious if the hotel hired you for lobby background music or for something else? (I live in Arizona.)

    in reply to: Another kind of wedding #62875
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    I would like to echo the thoughts of the previous posters. South Texas is fortunate to have you as a wedding harpist!

    in reply to: Is there no honor in email agreements? #62861
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Carl,
    It might not have helped with her but establishing a better human connection might help in the future with ethical clients who are “on the fence” about hiring a harpist.

    in reply to: Is there no honor in email agreements? #62860
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    There should be a piece called the Vexed Harpist that we can play after things like this. I agree, Jimmy!

    in reply to: Is there no honor in email agreements? #62857
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    I was thinking more about what Kay said concerning using only phone and contracts. I wonder if there is more of a connection that’s created when people use the phone such that they would be more inclined to honor their promises as opposed to when the medium of communication is email, which is more impersonal?

    in reply to: Is there no honor in email agreements? #62856
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    In this case, when you get an email agreement without the immediate backup of a signed contract and a deposit, do not turn down other offers for the same date.

    Good advice, Carl. Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 973 total)