harpcolumn

New harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories New harp

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    randal
    Participant

It was dropped off to me at 4, but I haven’t yet had the chance to even unzip the bag

One thing I can say–at 50″ tall it’s still nicely portable : )

…later…

Okay, got her put and she’s A-OK ; )

Incidentally, in case anyone is interested in a beautiful little 25 in cherry, there’s one used at Elderly currently (NFI): http://www.elderly.com/vintage/items/200U-2095.htm

deb-l
    Participant

Randal, wire harps are so portable with full range! Happy to hear both harps arrived safe and sound. Enjoy yours over the holiday! Now to shop for everyone else..

I played Grandjany’s Baracole and Andres’ Aquatints on the Aberdeen and the warmer tone made this harp perfect for light classical. It was a joy to relearn music I haven’t played in years and hearing each one resonate warmly and fully.

Jerusha, your music stand threads are a great way to hear others opinions for repertoire. Whenever I want to try something new I read through them. You always remind me of my Dusty, what wonderful harps they are. I’m so grateful to have a harp again that has the qualities I missed most, strong resonance, ringing bass and a BIG expressive tone.

Lyn, I had been looking at harps and not really thinking of getting one when this happened, but this harp is just what I need right now. Going to be hard to get anything accomplished today, can’t wait to play it again!

UPDATE: ..blisters on my fingers.. Guess I’d better read up on how to treat them so I can play again.. Shoot!

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Hi Deb,
    I have a friend who owns an Aberdeen, and it is exactly like yours–beautiful, strong resonant tone in a compact package. It holds its own well whenever we get together in a harp circle. I am very impressed with it!

deb-l
    Participant

Thanks Jerusha! Guess I’ll have to admire my harp from afar until the blisters recede a little. Two of them are blood blisters so I can’t pop them. Lost track of how long I was playing and didn’t feel any soreness.

Update: could not resist so have been playing with blisters (gently) and it seems as though the skin is toughening over them a little.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies