HBrock25

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 365 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Brand new to harp #156791
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Dear Diana,
    Just wanted to thank you again for your response and to apologize for “miss-reading” your response. I didn’t notice that your reference to Josh Layne was actually a website that he had. I watched a few clips of his “Harp Tuesday” on YOUTUBE last evening. This is what I was referring to when I stated that the clips were inconsistent. His “Harp Tuesday” section on his website however, is very clear and sequential. I am enjoying it. He is very slow with his explanations…very clear and in depth. A great substitute for those of us who are not able to have the luxury of a teacher right now. Thanks again for your time. I’m very encouraged!

    Sincerely,
    Sheila

    in reply to: Brand new to harp #156790
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Thanks so much for your response. I have been drilling the “1,2” technique without any problem. I just am wondering this the “placing” is for learning purposes or is the “placement” permanent harp technique? In piano, we refer to something similar as “connecting notes”……don’t release the first note played until you are in the process of playing the second. This maintains sound from coming from the instrument and prevents “dead” spots. So am I understanding this correctly? When I need to change hand position, the required fingers for the next measure must be physically placed on the noted strings in the music? They must be in position and actually touching the respected strings before plucking?

    in reply to: Brand new to harp #156789
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hey! Congrats on your lessons! Wish I were in a position right now to take lessons. I appreciate your input and wish you the best of “pluck”! I’ll check out the other websites you recommended.
    Thanks again.
    Sheila

    in reply to: Brand new to harp #156786
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Thank you Diana.
    Am I in the wrong place to ask questions, I wonder? I did look at Josh Layne’s videos. I found them helpful, although for some reason the sequence was off and some seemed to be missing. Just looking to be able to speak with in a forum environment rather than relying soley on video. Are you able to answer my question about finger placement?

    in reply to: Brand new to harp #156784
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Thank you for your response. I wish I could, but that just is not feasible for me right now. I do feel confident that with my musical background I can slowly achieve this. Naturally the watchful eye and experience of a harp teacher would be best, but for now I am hoping to rely on the good graces of anyone who would be willing to provide a few pointers for me now and then. I have patience. I just need a little guidence. Thank you again.

    in reply to: So why are black strings blue ? !! #104983
    HBrock25
    Participant

    How young is she? I can’t imagine she’ll have that much trouble understanding that the “dark” strings (i.e. black/blue) are F’s. If she’s old enough to sit still for harp lessons, she should be able to understand that blue is the new black. 😉

    in reply to: Help! Venus harp disks in Europe #71096
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Pencerdd in Wales (http://www.pencerdd.com) can also supply Venus spare parts.

    in reply to: Hi To All Amateur Harpists #156738
    HBrock25
    Participant

    My name is Debbie Bammann.

    in reply to: antique harp database #71117
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hi Angie

    I understand that the Erard of London records are now held by the Royal College of Music in London and the Erard of Paris have been aquired by the Museum

    in reply to: William Rees Aberdeen harp reviews #156772
    HBrock25
    Participant

    I kinda agree with Linda who (along with the author’s name) obviously did not read past the first 2 sentences of Mrs. Rees’ posting….but that was understandable considering the tone….it was quite harsh

    in reply to: How important are sharping levers? #156910
    HBrock25
    Participant

    From the end of Neolithic times in Egypt (5000 BC) to the end of the medieval period, people have played harps with no need of sharping levers ! The angels represented playing harps on Gothic cathedrals’ sculptures did not use sharping levers..maybee they were playing out of tune ? Actually, most of south-american harp players do not use sharping levers.
    A harp sounds always better when it is played

    in reply to: Repertoire for recitals #144763
    HBrock25
    Participant

    What about Faure ” Une Chatelaine En sa Tour”? It is a little bit awkaward but sounds beautiful.
    There are also R. Gliere Impromptu(the full begining acords version, not D. Owens) and V. Kikta Sonata no.2 ( in one movement so called Bylina scale) that I find interesting.
    M. Tournier ” Danse de moujik” ( from ” Images”) aa well.

    in reply to: Harp/Organ recital recommendations #147234
    HBrock25
    Participant

    BACH, Carl Philipp Emanuel
    Three Duets for Organ and Harp
    Arranger:

    in reply to: Fantasie Hasselmans in D flat majorfor Harp And Orchestra #147286
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Max Saal (1882-1948) was student of F. Poenitz in Berlin. It is written so in Dulova’s book ” Art of harp performing”. I have no other information.

    in reply to: gig for non- profit organization #147348
    HBrock25
    Participant

    A very beautiful musical Non Profit music organization is happening in November.It is going to be a fun filled day of social consciousness, community and environmental awareness on a musical platform with an urgent humanitarian effort to fight poverty and feed the hungry. I think it is a good way for charity towards the poor.
    http://baysiderocksfestival.com/about

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 365 total)