harpcolumn

Fantasie Hasselmans in D flat majorfor Harp And Orchestra

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Fantasie Hasselmans in D flat majorfor Harp And Orchestra

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    mr-s

Hello , i have this score of this piece its a hand writing old papers got it from a russian friend harpist when i studied there, written Theodore Dubois may its the reductor or the publisher ,dont know, the music seems interesting its for Harp and piano i have but interested to know if you can tell if there is a new publication of it and where to find? . Thank you.

carl-swanson
    Participant

Theodore Dubois(1837-1924) was a French composer at the time of Hasselmans and Faure. He was also President of the Paris Conservatory for much of the time that Hasselmans taught there. He was definitely a follower of Faure and not Debussy, so he was very much an old school academic composer. It’s no surprise that he wrote something in tribute to Hasselmans.

I was not aware of this composition and would be interested to hear it. I’m not aware of any publication of it. So you may have something very rare indeed. I’d be very interested in hearing it.

mr-s

Oh Dear Carl thank you for telling me that i have a precious score.i should take care of the old papers i will try to scan it and copy it to use the copy ,hope the papers will not get damage through the process. I tried the music a little its beautiful remind me of Saintsans music .

mr-s

Hi Clinton , thank you for your informations, i will try to send you the first page the harp and piano are in the same page.

paul-wren
    Participant

I would love to find the harp part for the Dubois. I have the score which I came across many years ago at an estate sale. I played thru it using the score and thought I was a nice piece and always wondered what it sounded like with the orchestra.

paul-wren
    Participant

Also the score for the Dubois is available in the PD and a is on the IMSLP website.

MusikFind1
    Participant

Theodore Dubois (1837-1924):Fantaisie for Harp: Dedicated to Alphonse Hasselmans.
    As we can see on the full score title page, the harp and piano edition reduction by the composer was published at one time, so this is not a rare publicaton.
    It was reprinted in 1998 ed. no. 730. Originally published: Paris : Heugel, c1903. Pl. no. H. &Cie. 21,478.
    Description: 1 score (33 p.) [piano] + 1 part (16 p.) [harp]; 31 cm.

Kalmus does sell the harp solo part only: A5696 $10.00
    [And the orchestra score and parts as listed in the previous post]
    http://www.kalmus-music.com/kalorchdetail.php?r=1601

Dear Mr. S.

I used to have this harp part, 16 pages long printed in France, but in August 2002 I gave it away to someone who needed it more: Anna-Maria Ravnopolska,of Sofia, Bulgaria.

We could so use a timeline to place all harpists in musical and historical

Saul,

The last I heard, Roslyn Rensch was compiling a “Harp Family Tree” of historical harpists and their prominent students, hopefully from as far back as possible, up to the present day. I gave her a list that Erich Schubert (now deceased) wrote out tor me, that went back as far as Max Saal, his teacher in Germany. I think Patricia John (Houston) also contributed names. Hopefully others will come forward providing their own lineage, and we would all be able to read such a chart in American Harp Journal some day. There already exists a list in the field of violin, in print,

mr-s

Hi Patricia, you know that Max Saal, was the teacher of Vera Dulova? but i would like to know who was the teacher of Max Saal and wich school he used to teach? the french should be but not sure.

bob-litterell
    Participant

I have a copy of the harp solo part from Kalmus; and also the harp and piano reduction from the original publication (Heugel).

HBrock25
    Participant

Max Saal (1882-1948) was student of F. Poenitz in Berlin. It is written so in Dulova’s book ” Art of harp performing”. I have no other information.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Topics

Recent Replies