harpcolumn

Harp/Organ recital recommendations

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Harp/Organ recital recommendations

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mary-schneekloth
    Participant

What are your recommendations for harp/organ pieces suitable for recital? I have played Granjany’s Aria and the Handel Concerto. Are there “newer” works or arrangements by composers you would recommend? Thanks.

emily-granger
    Participant

There is a very nice arrangement of the Adagietto from Mahler’s 5th Symphony. Harp part is exactly the same – the Organ plays the entire orchestra part. Works really well.

I like the Concerto No. 3 for two keyboards

melissa-gallant
    Participant

I’ve used this CPE Bach piece before, and have enjoyed it. I also found a listing for a harp and organ piece by Alfred Holy, called “Legend for harp and organ, Op. 32.” I’m not familiar with that work, but it might be interesting to see what it looks like.

Three Duets for Organ and Harp (or Keyboard) by CPE Bach, edited by Ludwig Altman, with performance options by Linda Wood and Dale Wood, 1976, originally written for a musical clock using flute pipes and harp

A harp and piano composition by Henriette Renie, Elegie, might easily be adapted for harp and organ. It is in Bb minor.

eliza-morrison
    Participant

I just remembered a nice piece for harp, organ and violin: “Elegy” by Harold Friedell. The harp part is very easy; organ part is the hardest. It’s an excellent piece to do in church because it’s not too long and is quite beautiful. You just need to find a really good violinist!

HBrock25
    Keymaster

BACH, Carl Philipp Emanuel
    Three Duets for Organ and Harp
    Arranger:

eliza-morrison
    Participant

I’ve done the CPE Bach several times using harp and harpsichord. That combination works really well and the pieces sound great. Tempi can be a bit faster than indicated so they really sparkle.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.