Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
deb-l
ParticipantLyon and Healy has great deals on their CPO (certified pre-owned) harps.
deb-l
Participanthi Sharon, I mostly play contemporary music, but played traditional and folk for years before I discovered that I really like to keep my left hand busy. I think your right hand is faster in folk and left hand does more in classical.
deb-l
ParticipantSylvia Woods has a lot of chords in the left hand.
deb-l
ParticipantI can only keep so many pieces under my fingers then I start to forget them.
September 25, 2011 at 12:37 pm in reply to: Argent Fox wire cross strung harp – Lady Rochelle #71258deb-l
ParticipantHis harps aren’t decorative but if they’re built structurally strong, that’s more important.
deb-l
ParticipantI wonder if there is a science/harp connection just like the flute/harp one.
deb-l
ParticipantSam, it’s apparrant you were more focused on perfecting the pieces than dressing up for the occasion!
September 22, 2011 at 10:34 pm in reply to: Lyon & Healy – Repair Service After My Harp “Exploded” #71248deb-l
Participantthat doesn’t sound too bad, that they would give you purchase price towards trade in, granted harps are more expensive than they were then but your harp was already 10 yrs old and they depreciate.
deb-l
ParticipantThe sheet music description on harp connection doesn’t say whether Duke is playable on levers or not.
deb-l
ParticipantEvery time I start to worry about running out of pedal harp pieces playable on levers, I find another great Bernard Andres piece that really inspires me!
deb-l
ParticipantMichael, I frequently have to tune as well.
deb-l
Participantthanks Kreig, that’s a great way to explain it.
September 15, 2011 at 12:40 am in reply to: HELP!!! I probably wont be able to keep playing much longer… =( #105179deb-l
Participantsorry for the double post but another option is to rent a pedal harp but I think that is at least $140 or so a month.
September 15, 2011 at 12:39 am in reply to: HELP!!! I probably wont be able to keep playing much longer… =( #105178deb-l
ParticipantI’m confused, can you not keep the Prelude even though you can’t afford a pedal harp isn’t it still better than nothing?
deb-l
ParticipantBrook, thanks for mentioning playing Barcarolle in C.
-
AuthorPosts