harpcolumn

Bernard Andres pieces

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Bernard Andres pieces

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    deb-l
    Participant

I picked up a copy of Automates at Harp Connection today.

cc-chiu

Andres is awesome indeed! I really like his ‘Automates’ as well, there are few books that contain so many pieces that I love!

If you’re finished with Automates, you might like Danses d’ Automne as well. They are in a different style (I don’t know anything about music theory so I can’t really explain it)

dawn-penland
    Participant

Ancolie by Andres would be great for you Deb.

deb-l
    Participant

thanks for the suggestions ChingChuan.

Misty Harrison
    Participant

andres is important for lever harp because he has written a lot that can be played on lever harp and some of it is more advanced

try Asters first it’s nice and easier than some

Rimbambelle is a real treat

so are Epices and most people learn Vanille (vanilla) first

you can search andres harp on youtube and a video of a guy playing Vanille will come up

Epices look weird on the page if you’re used to looking at straightforward harmony but they are very fun to play and audiences love them

most people like Epices because they are fun newer sounding and challenging

deb-l
    Participant

I’m starting to like Epices more, they are jazzy, at first the dissonance threw me a little but they seem really challenging and fun to play.

deb-l
    Participant

oh sorry Misty you mentioned Rimbabelle not Rigaudon.

Misty Harrison
    Participant

Automates are pretty

you should play whatever motivates you most that’s still in your range of relative comfot and it sounds like they are

there’s a recording of them from http://www.harp.com and other places too probably

it’s by xavier de maistre and probably called pieces faciles pour le harpe you have to check which one because there are several cd’s

it’s deceptive that the cd title is easy pieces but it’s really a series of recordings of progressive pieces that don’t usually get recorded because everyone’s recording Faure Impromptu etc.

so I recommend the cd if you don’t already have it but good luck and congrats on finding Andres stuff it’s great

oh Isabelle Perrin also has a CD of more advanced Andres the whole cd is just Andres very pretty

deb-l
    Participant

thanks Misty for mentioning the CD, that will help a lot.

Misty Harrison
    Participant

Deb glad you found it

I just looked at mine and realized I told you the right title and the wrong harpist

Xavier de Maistre does have some cd’s of learning-teaching repertoire but the one that you need and found is actually Catherine Michel

that’s good because the cover art on her cd’s is so clever and fun

deb-l
    Participant

Its a really lovely CD just to listen to.

Misty Harrison
    Participant

the naderman was originally for singleaction pedal harp

it’s in a lot of keys that the lever harp uses

I’ve never thought about if you can do them on lever harp but I think you could with some editing you might have to take out some doubled notes in the left hand in order to make the changes

lol easy pieces yep easy because there’s stuff a lot harder but they’re still not easy unless you’ve played the harp for a long time

damase is good too

deb-l
    Participant

well so much for holding off, I ordered Andres’ Charades (etudes) and Epices 1.

Misty Harrison
    Participant

good plan

Pavane is lovely too

deb-l
    Participant

I found some Grandjany for lever harp, Trois Petites Pieces (3 Little Pieces) late beginner to intermediate, on Sylvia Wood’s along with the CD Pieces pour Harpe Vol. 1 CD by Xavier de Maistre.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics

Recent Replies