Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantCurly?? Is that you??? Love your minstrel harp. It’s a beautiful big thing!! I bet it sounds great. Did you use Photobucket to post it? Ya done good, Wurls!
Here is my Trouabadour…..setting in front of our 7′ Pleyel (ooooh baby….what a fab piano). This is before Troubie was redone.

Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantI have been thinking about you and that 17 for 3 days, Rosemary…..waiting for the word that you got it — and hoping that you love it. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantThe Dauphine book has some nice stuff in it.
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantCurly,
In a brilliant flash of genius, the answer has come to me. Raise his lesson fee to some hideous amount. He will either quit or begin working……either way it will benefit you.
Briggsie Iggsie
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantDo you have a
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
Participant“Once On a Meada” (meadow) for Guantanamera.
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantI started on an ancient Troubadour I that I got for next to nothing. I lasted 3 lessons on that and couldn’t stand it anymore. I’m a pedal harp player at heart. My teacher told me to get the best I could afford, and I got a Camac Athena Ex. It’s the best thing I could’ve done. A year after that, I took it to a harp tech and had it redone….oversized pegs and new Camac levers (the Troubadour) and now I have a real nice lever harp, but……I don’t play it much. I try to make myself play it occasionally so that it will get played, but I really don’t like dealing with lever changes. They drive me insane because as I said I’m a pedal harpist at heart. I have a degree in organ. I’m just used to pushing or pulling something and getting major changes and I think that’s what I like about pedal harp….a couple of quick moves with the feet and you’ve got it.
June
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantHAHAHA….I don’t think them manly, but actually Big Daddy has them, and he’s VERY manly.
I tried to name the Camac some manly French name — at the moment I can’t remember what it was — but
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantYes….the flowery, leafy, goldy curly wurlies!
Briggs
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantI think a mahogany Camac Atlantide with no “scrambled eggs” on the soundboard is pretty masculine looking. It has very clean lines. The blonde is beautiful, but it’s kinda more “girly” than the darker colors. I love my Athena, but now I really really want an Atlantide. No money……ain’t gonna happen. WAAAAAAAH! Let’s see, all I have to do is play like 2000 gigs, and I’ll have it.
June
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantOh my goodness! I am repeating myself…..sorry. I am really excited about how the harp came out though. 🙂
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantSpeaking of old Troubadours with new strings……I have a Troubadour I which I got for $300 from a friend. The levers were lunched, and it had really REALLY old strings on it — maybe original. I changed the strings over but I could only play it in different keys if I tuned it in different keys. So……in April I had Camac levers put on it with all new strings, wires/guts/nylons. OH MY!!!! What a fabulous little harp this is now!!
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantI’m doing something similar because I have begun playing funerals and such. I have a memorial service on Sunday booked. They want me to play “no sad music.” Not really sure what that means. What is sad for one, might not be sad for another. I’ll do my best and hope that we are in agreement on what music is sad.
June
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantThanks ladies for your answer regarding the 6-wheeled dollies.
June
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantHey Rosemary, question….do the triple wheels really help on stairs? I just wonder about them when I see them. I think I read the trolley reviews in a Harpcolumn hard copy last year, and as I recall it was stated something like “always better to just carry up and down stairs rather than use a trolley anyway.” What do you think?
June
-
AuthorPosts