Briggsie B. Peawiggle

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 717 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Curly Wurly’s New Harp Picture #68192

    I think it’s very cute…..clever……well done! I really like it. Does it really sound that bad?

    in reply to: Curly Wurly’s New Harp Picture #68190

    Is that the one with the swirly neck? What is the deal with the neck? Is it in two pieces? I’m so curious. I’ve never seen one. It’s gorgeous.

    Briggs

    in reply to: Curly Wurly’s New Harp Picture #68182

    Cei Cei, the Pleyel is 1990. My husband is a fab pianist. In 1980 I was studying piano, and we were in a friend’s business who deals in Pleyel. He had one we couldn’t afford but he was giving us a great deal on it. We went to the bank to get a loan. They laughed at us….we didn’t own a house yet. We bought a house so we could get the piano — and then we couldn’t afford the piano. HAHAHAHA…..Hubby’s father — also a professional musician — had a Bechstein….a humongous concert grand. He wanted to downsize and realized that the piano would go to my hubby one day, so he sold the Bechstein and bought the Pleyel. He had it in his own house until

    in reply to: Curly Wurly’s New Harp Picture #68181

    I might do that……but they live quite far. Still………

    in reply to: Curly Wurly’s New Harp Picture #68174

    I DO love those Clios. Actually I may someday finagle to get an old 15 that is sitting in my friends house not getting played. It will be awhile, but I hope to get it someday. It’s blonde….old….in excellent shape. It just needs some lovin’. And I need some money. She keeps it because she has a harp that way — even though she never ever plays it. It hurts to think about it just sitting there, but it hurts even more to think of her harpless. She isn’t healthy.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Curly Wurly’s New Harp Picture #68170

    …..and here’s me wishing it were bigger so I could see the levers better. Oh Andy, that Prelude is a beauty. I LOVE the natural ones…..I favor all natural harps, but I ended up with a walnut harp and an ebony one. Still….your Prelude is just beautiful. They are such pretty, classic things.

    in reply to: Curly Wurly’s New Harp Picture #68165

    Well, having had a complaint about a request that I play for next to nothing, I decided at that time that I would rather not post under my actual name. The person posting about a complaint with their teacher is a perfect example of what I am talking about. The worldwide web can be a very peculiar place.

    in reply to: Curly Wurly’s New Harp Picture #68162

    Wasn’t Pippin Took one of Mimi’s incarnations before Frilly too? I think so….HAHAHAHA…..this is so nuts.

    Briggs

    in reply to: How did you afford your first harp?? #110608

    Kari,

    That story literally gave me goosebumps. Bless you and your grandfather. He’s smiling down on you everytime you play.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Curly Wurly’s New Harp Picture #68160

    I can’t remember Frilly’s actual name, but she posted as Mimi for awhile before she went to Frilly.

    in reply to: Curly Wurly’s New Harp Picture #68159

    I am June, yes, Vince. Yes Brook that’s a Troubadour I. I paid $300 for it from a friend. It sounded nice, but the pins slipped terribly and the performance levers were all junked out. Tom Bell put oversized pins on and added the Camac levers for me. It is such a nice harp now. It really sounds beautiful. Tom said it was in really good shape for such an old harp and he thought it made sense to do what I wanted done to it. It wasn’t cheap, but it made a formerly pretty bad harp really really nice.

    Briggs/June

    in reply to: Switching harps #164335

    Margaret, like you I was new to harp. I had 3 lessons on my teacher’s Camac Atlantide Prestige, and I just had to have a pedal harp. I was already pretty advanced in music, as a teacher with a master’s, but not on harp. I knew I wanted to play concert music….lots of impressionism…..lots of French stuff. I began lessons about January 15 on an old Troubadour I, and I had a pedal harp in my living room on February 16 of 2006. For me, it was the right thing.

    in reply to: Curly Wurly’s New Harp Picture #68155

    Oooowow! That’s a beautiful harp….only one thing that would make me crazed and that’s the lack of hand room at the upper strings. How did you do it?

    Okay….something else impresses me here…..a pipe organ in the town hall? Now THAT is cool.

    in reply to: How did you afford your first harp?? #110606

    That is a wonderful story, Ro. I really enjoyed reading the dedication of a young girl to learn the harp. Wonderful!!

    I just started playing a year or so ago, so mine isn’t half so romantic, but I always craved a harp….from the time I was a little child. It was out of the question. There were six kids…it was the 1950’s and times were not easy. I gave up my hopes….until last year when my friend sold me that old Troubadour, and a month later I was in the bank filling out the paperwork for a home equity loan to “upgrade.”

    in reply to: Curly Wurly’s New Harp Picture #68153

    Oh but I’m not done!!! Here is Troubie with Briggs just now….the picture on the wall is a pastel done by one of my former students when she found out I was mourning the loss of Loki my pup in the 80’s/early 90’s.

    …and here are the new levers…. Yeah this is an oldie. I got it from a friend who bought it used in the late 70’s. I called L&H to ask about it, and they said 1976 or 1977.

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 717 total)