barbara-brundage

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 1,501 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Soft Prelude 38 case #73618
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Oops, meant to say the transport cover. I assume that’s what you’re looking for, right, Lisa?

    in reply to: Soft Prelude 38 case #73617
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    If you can’t get one from L&H anymore, the case for the Salvi Ana works fine.

    in reply to: Harps and neighbors #73612
    barbara-brundage
    Participant
    in reply to: two finger gliss #83733
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    >They both tell you how it’s done and although one harp site believes it is taught by Alfredo Ortiz the other is not sure where it originated from.

    If I understand what you’re saying, two fingered glisses have been part of basic harp technique for many, many years. Perhaps as far back as the late 18th century, although glisses were not used so much back then.

    in reply to: Insurance #73637
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Just giving this a bump to say that I just got my Anderson (AHS) renewal notice and the invoice is $368 for $68,620 worth of coverage.

    However, they have added a requirement that you provide them with detailed information about your renters in order to have coverage for instruments rented out. This isn’t an issue for me (I only have one harp I rent and then only to my own students), but I can see that for many harpists, especially those who provide instruments for concerts and such, it could be.

    in reply to: so bummed #107914
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Yes, it’s not good to keep monkeying with the tuning like that. It confuses the harp and it doesn’t stay in tune well when you want it to (besides being a huge hassle). It’s important to keep a harp well in tune if you want to be able to play in tune.

    in reply to: so bummed #107912
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Yes, what Catherine said. I used to live in Miami Beach in a location where I hardly ever used the air conditioning and the harp was just fine, and I lived in Phoenix with nothing but an old swamp cooler and the same thing there. People played harps for thousands of years without air conditioning, after all.

    in reply to: so bummed #107907
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    I’m not sure I understand. You’re going to return a harp because it broke two strings?

    in reply to: THe Perfect Harp Car #145307
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    >Is it possible to load it straight and then and angle the column toward the passenger seat with the base to the rear left in order to leave adequate leg room for the driver.

    While I have the 2007 Matrix, which is a bit different, I would say the answer to this is No. The car is not wide enough to accommodate the neck unless the top of the column is as far to the left as possible, and it’s not long enough unless you angle the harp. You need to angle the base to the right to make it fit.

    in reply to: Delacour levers #73742
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    I certainly can’t speak for anyone else who participated in that thread, but for me, my opinion hasn’t changed one iota since then, so maybe the thread’s not as out of date as you think.

    in reply to: Question on Camas harps #166265
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    What do you mean by “a huge undertone”? A buzz?

    in reply to: Renie’s Legende-Pedal NIGHTMARE #156921
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Ian, you might also be interested in this thread about harp notation with finale:

    http://www.harpcolumn.com/forum/message-view?message_id=58194

    in reply to: Delacour levers #73738
    barbara-brundage
    Participant
    in reply to: Pratt Lever Harps #73887
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Those are nice, Brook. Nice playing and well recorded. What camera did you use?

    in reply to: Pratt Lever Harps #73886
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    >never more than 36 strings

    Oh come on, Kathy. I know you had an Ana, even if the extra strings were on the wrong end. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 1,501 total)