harpcolumn

two finger gliss

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Teaching the Harp two finger gliss

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Amy Wilson
    Participant

I’m playing a folk song on my pedal harp, and the music has two parallel wiggly lines in one measure in the treble clef that I’m assuming mean a gliss with two fingers.

Amy Wilson
    Participant

Is there no one who can help me with this?

What song, who is the composer?

Amy Wilson
    Participant

It’s called “Water Flow” and it’s just labeled as trad. folk.

I think that this double wiggly line marking is pretty standard for harp music.

john-strand
    Participant

Hi – I use two finger glisses especially when I don’t have the pedals set for a gliss –

elinor-niemisto
    Participant

You should experiment to see what sounds best with your hand in that particular piece.

Amy Wilson
    Participant

Thanks to all who responded!

I will try your suggestions…

V. B.
    Participant

If you are referring to a double gliss, I read it on Harpsdelight website and also when I purchased a self taught harp book from Harps of

barbara-brundage
    Participant

>They both tell you how it’s done and although one harp site believes it is taught by Alfredo Ortiz the other is not sure where it originated from.

If I understand what you’re saying, two fingered glisses have been part of basic harp technique for many, many years. Perhaps as far back as the late 18th century, although glisses were not used so much back then.

cynthy-johnson
    Participant

I learned a 2-fingered gliss in a workshop with Kim Robertson.

V. B.
    Participant

Good thought.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies