Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
August 27, 2010 at 6:18 pm in reply to: Music for lever harp that is NOT classical, folk, Celtic, etc. #158621
barbara-brundage
ParticipantYeah, on the lever harp you just skip that part, but I must admit I prefer the other edition anyway, which has the Barcarolle in all flats (so you just play it in C on a lever harp) and doesn’t have all that extra stuff at the beginning.
There are slight differences in the other two pieces, too, depending on which edition you have, but nothing that makes a difference in terms of difficulty.
August 27, 2010 at 3:32 pm in reply to: Music for lever harp that is NOT classical, folk, Celtic, etc. #158619barbara-brundage
Participant>I love the Barcarolle too, but for me it’s about a hundred times easier with pedals.
I can’t imagine why, given that there’s not a pedal in it, unless you have that edition which added all the glisses at the beginning.
August 27, 2010 at 12:45 am in reply to: Music for lever harp that is NOT classical, folk, Celtic, etc. #158616barbara-brundage
Participant> If you don’t know the sound effect symbols you’ll need to look them up in a method book
Kreig, doesn’t the current edition have a page in front that explains them? My antique copy does.
August 27, 2010 at 12:42 am in reply to: Music for lever harp that is NOT classical, folk, Celtic, etc. #158615barbara-brundage
ParticipantYes, those are nice. Here’s a youtube of “Moorish Garden”, the last piece:
August 27, 2010 at 12:26 am in reply to: Music for lever harp that is NOT classical, folk, Celtic, etc. #158613barbara-brundage
ParticipantOops, don’t know what happened to the rest of my post.Andres is also generally considered a contemporary classical composer.
Just wanted to point out that there’s lot of interesting non-cliche music in many genres, so it’s worth investigating them all.
August 26, 2010 at 11:59 pm in reply to: Music for lever harp that is NOT classical, folk, Celtic, etc. #158612barbara-brundage
ParticipantI’m really sorry to break it to you, but the Grandjany pieces are classical pieces, Alissa.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantOops, forgot to say it’s been many years since I saw the Berg, but I believe that included a facsimile of the MS.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantThere is an edition edited by Darrell Berg (Utrecht) which was published in 1992, and a Breitkopf edition by Hans Zingel, and also an edition by Lucile Lawrence. The latter two are still available from lyramusic.com in the US. I don’t know about the Utrecht edition.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantThanks for the update, Susan.
August 24, 2010 at 2:52 am in reply to: liability insurance for hotels in Southern California #149626barbara-brundage
ParticipantYes, from an email I received in 2008:
>For those of you that insure musical instruments and accessories only, our relationship with Eastern open up a myriad of new opportunities for your insurance needs. One of the products we will introduce to you soon is an affordable annual performance liability insurance policy. This will assist a number of musicians who are being asked to provide certificates of insurance while performing at hotels, hospitals, function halls or other venues.
August 24, 2010 at 2:51 am in reply to: liability insurance for hotels in Southern California #149625barbara-brundage
ParticipantAt least, I got an email from them a year or so ago that they were going to start offering it. I don’t know for sure whether they ever did, since I’ve always just opted not to work in venues that mandate it.
August 24, 2010 at 2:46 am in reply to: liability insurance for hotels in Southern California #149624barbara-brundage
ParticipantI believe that Anderson (the AHS harp insurance provider) now offers this kind of insurance.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantHi, Saul. With my dolly, which is the kind which just goes under the back feet (similar to the McKay type), that doesn’t really help because the problem is the width of the curve of the plastic base piece behind where the feet are. It just pushes the harp too far forward on the dolly.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantFor me it’s not the slippery cloth, but the big round slippery protusion on the bottom of the cover.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantI just don’t use it, and have gone back to wrapping the base in a towel once it’s in the car.
-
AuthorPosts