Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI would order directly from the Sweets.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantBTW, Karen…the Sweetheart whistle are terrific! I’ve reviewed three of them over the years…their old laminated “Pro,” their new plastic “Pro” and their laminated “Pro” low D.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantWell, I play the lever harp, of course, and have just taken up the wire-strung harp, which I consider a different instrument altogether (shape may be roughly the same, but the technique and sound is totally different).
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI doubt that, actually, as Harpsicle, Dusty Strings, and other makers that have
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantThat’s true, Michael…I’d forgotten about his mahogany harps.
Audrey
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantMy daughter came up here, saw the title of this thread, and said “I guess that would be a “glisster.” 😉
Audrey
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantJust to add, there’s plywood and there’s plywood.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI’m in California (Monterey Bay area).
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantWow…and our Santa Cruz buskers think they have it hard just having to stay 15 feet from a doorway!
So you need a license even if you’re not playing for tips?
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantFrankie’s made from PVC tubing.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantHe is a pretty boy, isn’t he?
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantSounds like a fun project!
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantThis may give you some idea as to the kind of height you want:
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantWith a small harp like that, the best thing to do is not try to hold it in your lap, but rather find a stool, bench or hassock of the right height to set it on.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantCongratulations!
If it hasn’t been tuned for a while, it may be a week or more before it consistently holds tune.
-
AuthorPosts