PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A HARP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

teva benshlomo on #156566

sorry no pictures yet, but i chose an ebony black glossy finish, with a spruce soundborad which has lovely wood inlay running down both sides of the soundboard. it is splendid!

teva benshlomo on #156567

Thanks Jerusha. since this harp is just what i was looking for, and i got my celestial sound, i decided to name her Celestina!!!!!!!

teva benshlomo on #156568

Hi tony, which Camac harp do you have- the Blue one? I am enthralled with my new harp- what a gorgeous sound my CELESTINA makes!!!!!!

Participant
    Nancy Palmer on #156569

Yay! I believe I saw that harp while I was there. I’m going to give you a call; maybe I can come visit your baby in person? Congratulations!

Participant
    niina on #156570

To anyone who is in the UK looking for a really great Clarsach, I can’t recommend Starfish Designs enough. Their Harps are glorious. I tried many Harps over a 6 month period from L&H and Salvi, then I met the Starfish team who came to my school, played their Harps and made a decision immediately to ask my parents for one. They have great volume and are built beautifully.
    I have heard a lot about the Dusty Strings Harps and would love to play one one day.

http://harps.starfishdesigns.co.uk/harps.aspx

This is me with my Mamore. (The acoustics are a bit bellowy in my kitchen).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX5sSrEmZtA&list=UUdyyCdLfv_GQAI5BtfrOQbg&index=5&feature=plcp

Participant
    deb-l on #156571

Nina, I had watched your video a few days ago, and you play very well, I was wondering what type of harp that is, thanks for posting the video, and congratulations on your lovely harp.

Participant
    niina on #156572

Hi Deb, The Harp I’m playing in that video is a Starfish Mamore, which is the largest harp they make. I think the Glencoe is the most popular though. The other Harp I would like is a Mark Norris.

teva benshlomo on #156573

Hi nancy. You are always welcome to come visit me and to try playing CELESTINA. By the way,are you going to the HARPY NEW YEAR PARTY at CHArlenes house? I Hope so!!!!!!

Participant
    deb-l on #156574

as lovely as that harp is Nina I’m even more impressed that you picked up that song by ear, after listening to it for just two weeks.

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.