harpcolumn

PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A HARP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A HARP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author

sorry no pictures yet, but i chose an ebony black glossy finish, with a spruce soundborad which has lovely wood inlay running down both sides of the soundboard. it is splendid!

Thanks Jerusha. since this harp is just what i was looking for, and i got my celestial sound, i decided to name her Celestina!!!!!!!

Hi tony, which Camac harp do you have- the Blue one? I am enthralled with my new harp- what a gorgeous sound my CELESTINA makes!!!!!!

Nancy Palmer
    Participant

Yay! I believe I saw that harp while I was there. I’m going to give you a call; maybe I can come visit your baby in person? Congratulations!

niina
    Participant

To anyone who is in the UK looking for a really great Clarsach, I can’t recommend Starfish Designs enough. Their Harps are glorious. I tried many Harps over a 6 month period from L&H and Salvi, then I met the Starfish team who came to my school, played their Harps and made a decision immediately to ask my parents for one. They have great volume and are built beautifully.
    I have heard a lot about the Dusty Strings Harps and would love to play one one day.

http://harps.starfishdesigns.co.uk/harps.aspx

This is me with my Mamore. (The acoustics are a bit bellowy in my kitchen).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX5sSrEmZtA&list=UUdyyCdLfv_GQAI5BtfrOQbg&index=5&feature=plcp

deb-l
    Participant

Nina, I had watched your video a few days ago, and you play very well, I was wondering what type of harp that is, thanks for posting the video, and congratulations on your lovely harp.

niina
    Participant

Hi Deb, The Harp I’m playing in that video is a Starfish Mamore, which is the largest harp they make. I think the Glencoe is the most popular though. The other Harp I would like is a Mark Norris.

Hi nancy. You are always welcome to come visit me and to try playing CELESTINA. By the way,are you going to the HARPY NEW YEAR PARTY at CHArlenes house? I Hope so!!!!!!

deb-l
    Participant

as lovely as that harp is Nina I’m even more impressed that you picked up that song by ear, after listening to it for just two weeks.

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies