PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A HARP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

• Participant
    william-weber on #156551

Teva, I’m not clear on whether you found an instrument yet, but your budget figure will buy any lever harp Dwight Blevins makes.

Participant
    teva-benshlomo–2 on #156552

Hi st Petersburg is a 5 hour drive. Not totally out of the question. I would have to find out which harps they have in the showroom

Participant
    teva-benshlomo–2 on #156553

Thanks William. I will check them out again. I believe hat they don’t make many staved or semi staved models however.

Participant
    sherry-lenox on #156554

Teva you may find after playing a bunch of harps that it won’t matter to you whether a harp is staved or a flat back. You just have to get the opportunity to play lots of harps. Please keep searching for them….!

Participant
    teva-benshlomo–2 on #156555

believe me ,I will. I never thought it would be this complicated. the truth is, I am not so picky. I am certain there are many great harps out there that i would absolutely love. but i do think i need to try a few out first, since I will be shelling out years of savings!!!!!

Participant
    Malcolm Vye on #156556

I played a Thormahlen Swan model with reinforced soundboard and strung with pedal harp strings.

Participant
    teva-benshlomo–2 on #156557

Thanks Malcolm, I have listened to the swan on the website and it sounds magnificent! Ohhhh, decisions,decisions!

Keymaster
    HBrock25 on #156558

Barbara, Just to let you know that I did indeed locate Charlene Conner, and have started taking harp lessons from her. She is an amazing teacher, whom I highky recommend. Thanks so much for the info you provided me!

teva benshlomo on #156559

Hi Deb, went up to St. Peterburg to the showroom of harps international at the home of Sue Carol Devale. ended up purchasing a Camac Concert Melusine harp! I am totally in love with its crystal clear bell like sound! Thanks so much for the info. this is one HAPPY harpist!

Participant
    Amber M on #156560

Congrats!!

tony-morosco on #156561

Excellent choice. I have a Camac electroharp that I love. I am a big fan of Camac in general.

Participant
    deb-l on #156562

congratulations Teva, I’m very happy for you.

teva benshlomo on #156563

its funny how I ended up purchasing a harp I had never even considered buying- the camac concert melusine sounds so crystalline that whenever I play it, I feel tranported to another dimension. Just goes to show how important it is to actually try out

teva benshlomo on #156564

Hi Nancy, I went up to st pete to sue carols for a second time, and came home with a magnificent Camac concert Melusine 38 string lever harp. Yippppeeeeeee!!!!!

Participant
    Jerusha Amado on #156565

Hi Teva,

Congrats on your new purchase!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.