harpcolumn

Harp Dog

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Harp Dog

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

We have a small Bichon Frise named Misty who loves listening to me practice. When I start she will wander into the room and hop up on the bed, then just lay down to watch or snooze. She also likes to sit in laps when people type on the keyboard. Maybe she just enjoys rhythmic sounds in general?

Jaque Davison
    Participant

Our dog Trooper was an Australian Shepard mix.

unknown-user
    Participant

One of my cat likes to go belly up in front of my harp while I play and the other likes to put her teeth on a vibrating string while sitting on my lap. Obviously not a lot of serious practice gets done with that one around….Lol!

kay-lister

It’s a beautiful day here today and I have a baaaaaddddd case of spring fever. I was just remembering last spring when I took my harp out by our pond (about swimming pool size), we have gold fish, lilly pads, water falls, the whole bit; anyway I frequently will sit under the tree and play the harp. My husband brougnt to my attention that there were about 20-25 frogs sitting on the rocks on my side of the pond all facing my direction. Could they have really been listening? Can’t wait to get out there this year.

Kay

unknown-user
    Participant

Our family dog (this is when I was growing up, she lives at my parents’ house) has always loved music and listened attentively… until one day I came home from college with an oboe.

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Update on our newest furry family member:

All three of my cats like to sleep on the futon-sofa in the guest room that

Evangeline Williams
    Participant

You can see pictures of my harp dog at

http://evangeline-blueharpdiva.com/Images2.html

Go down to the bottom of the page and you can see her sitting at my pedal harp, and investigating my antique harp

unknown-user
    Participant

Awwwww she is so cute!!!

unknown-user
    Participant

My three cats like lounging in the same room as me in general, but could care less about my harp it seems.

unknown-user
    Participant

What a funny thread…I always have said that I do not trust anyone that is not a dog lover, so it seems that most harpists are extremely trust worthy!

My dog was never a harp dog, more of a doggy dog – chase rabbits in the yard, and attempt the “herd” the neighbours cows in an improvisatory and unsolicited way…..But that was until we had a visiting harp maker stay with us, and then suddenly she was very keen to get into the music room, and would lay at my feet when I praticised staring up in an expectant way.

Evangeline Williams
    Participant

My dog is not allowed in the living room (aka the harp room), and so rarely has a chance to hang out with the harp.

unknown-user
    Participant

You have your dog well trained Evangeline, mine has me well trained!

She has never gone after the harp strings, but when she was a puppy she did go for the rubber coated tuning key – which made a nice chew toy…..

unknown-user
    Participant

I did actually have a cat that got into my string box once and destroyed alot of strings – chewing on them. And I have a student

unknown-user
    Participant

Apart from the cat I have mentioned in this thred above.. I have another kitten which I named Nicolo (for Paganini cause he’s black head to toe) and when I’m playing the harp at home he’s always around.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Topics

Recent Replies