unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,306 through 1,320 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi,

    That’s great information.

    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you very much for the information.

    in reply to: The Most Beautiful Place in the World #110426
    unknown-user
    Participant

    you should check out Bellingham Washington

    in reply to: Book on a Harpist #110596
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Gee, I think you might be talking about Literature! One of the problems with writing a probing, serious book about a harpist is the lack of capital from a publisher, or lack of any publisher. Photos, that’s another story. But I agree. It would be so nice if a book publisher would take an interest in harp topics. Perhaps you will be the great writer on the harp. Hmm.

    in reply to: Thoughts on Swanson Harps #74846
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I have one like that, too. Geometric and floral combined.

    in reply to: Candide #110604
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I’m pretty sure Cook and Rounseville both did the original Broadway production and the Chelsea revival in 1972, which is on lp. I don’t know if there’s any video or anything of the Minnesota Opera production. It would be worth asking. Lynne Aspnes played harp for it as I recall.

    I believe one of the revisions was making the governor a tenor instead of baritone, which meant that all the male roles were tenors, which made it much more boring.

    in reply to: Musical Terrorism #102829
    unknown-user
    Participant

    There was once a stripper harpist in burlesque whose stage name was Virginia Nomoria, who started out in an evening gown, playing Zabel’s La Source, then began peeling off and once down to pasties, she would sit down and play Hot Time in the Old Town Tonight.

    in reply to: The Most Beautiful Place in the World #110421
    unknown-user
    Participant

    It sounds like you want Boulder, Colorado, any number of towns in Oregon or the Sierras in California, and no place has more lakes than Minnesota.

    in reply to: The Most Beautiful Place in the World #110415
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I lived in South Africa for a number of years – and while the country is riddled with crime – and has had a horrid past (apartheid)

    in reply to: Gas Situation Alert #162512
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I just called a friend of mine who lives in (downtown) Asheville – and he said that the situation has improved greatly. You now should be able to find gas at most stations… There may be the “odd” one that doesn’t have gas – but if you go to the next – you should be ok… Just wanted to share this with you as I was concerned as well (and I’m only 2 1/2 hours away from Asheville…) Kind regards William

    in reply to: Where are you? #110394
    unknown-user
    Participant

    That would be great Kay!

    in reply to: Where are you? #110392
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Jennifer, Hi Kay!

    in reply to: Teenage harpists! #165692
    unknown-user
    Participant

    im a teenager from the US. you should

    in reply to: The Most Beautiful Place in the World #110411
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Switzerland has the most beautiful lakes and mountains i’ve ever seen.

    in reply to: Southeastern Harp Weekend in Asheville #162522
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Just wanted to bring this thread back up “to the top” – as the event is next weekend (oct 10-12)… Here’s the website in case anyone would like more information… Apparently – really big shopping opportunity! Enjoy! Kind regards William

    http://www.southeasternharps.com/SEHW/Home.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1,306 through 1,320 (of 5,570 total)