Videos of Great Harpists

Posted In: Young Harpists

• Participant
    Laura Wilson on #166667

Hello! My sister, a cellist, received a dvd for Christmas that featured a great cellist (I don’t remember his name) playing some well-known cello music. I was wondering if there’s anything like that out there for harp. I’d love to see Susan McDonald or some other great harpist play some important pieces in the pedal harp repertoire.

Participant
    unknown-user on #166668

I’m just wondering is the cellist name Yo-you Ma….? Anyway I do know of one harpist that has a dvd

Participant
    Laura Wilson on #166669

Ladbrooke, the cellist is Rostropovich;

Participant
    carl-swanson on #166670

Laura- There’s a wonderful 10 minute film that was made in the early 1940’s of Mildred Dilling playing 3 pieces. It was transfered onto DVD and the owner of the film gave me a copy. I’m hoping that it becomes commercially available at some point because it shows Mildred at the peak of her playing abilities. There are very few people around today who remember her at that time in her life. She was a marvelous harpist with a great technique.

Participant
    unknown-user on #166671

I know this thread is 8 months old, but I wanted to bump it, as I have the same question.

Participant
    Saul Davis Zlatkovski on #166672

It costs a lot to produce them. There is a ten-minute video from television of Miss Lawrence that I wish someone would put on YouTube already. I don’t have a video drive in my computer.

Participant
    unknown-user on #166673

Production costs would make it hard.

Participant
    Indra Prabowo on #166674

Dell, have you considered to download those videos on Youtube? Check this link:
    http://www.downloadyoutubevideos.com.
    I’ve download several videos from Youtube and am very delighted to enjoy those videos at anytime even when I’m not connected to the Internet.

Participant
    unknown-user on #166675

Thank you Indra!

Participant
    Christian Frederick on #166676

Hey, check out the unique way this guy plays a harp!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gupxeIsxkfc

Participant
    lionel-vargas on #166677

There are DVDs of Miss McDonald playing some important harp repertoire and the Debussy Danses. It is amazing to watch her play flawlessly at her current age and she is very inspirational. You will definitely enjoy them. Also, the BYU harp archives sell DVDs of BYU students playing ensemble and solo harp music.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Young Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.