unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 991 through 1,005 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Satie arranged for Celtic harp #85995
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Sorry I meant to say sheet music, not recordings. Thanks, dylan

    in reply to: Krumpholtz concertos #151741
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Dear Angela,

    Thank you for your kind comment.
    I only now noticed it!

    Greetings!

    Essi

    in reply to: THe Perfect Harp Car #145279
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Any experiences with the Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen? The 2009 model seems able to fit a concert grand harp.

    in reply to: I’m EXPECTING!!!! #161053
    unknown-user
    Participant

    elephant tranquilizers can calm you down.
    congrats on the harp.

    in reply to: 1st harp on the way….now what? #161017
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks for all of your input and suggestions!!!

    in reply to: 1st harp on the way….now what? #161016
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Another book is Play the harp beautifully, I have been learning off of and it works very well for beginners.

    in reply to: Saw My Next Harp Today #161076
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I love my Ravenna,and it’s very easy to tune. The sound doesn’t even compare to the sicle harps.

    in reply to: Harp Retreats/Seminars/Workshops #160962
    unknown-user
    Participant

    There’s one in Ohio that looks like it’ll be good:

    in reply to: 1st harp on the way….now what? #161015
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Michelle,

    I just my first lever harp, too!

    in reply to: Lyon & Healy delivery question #75536
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks all!
    Donna: My soon-to-arrive Prelude is Mahogany also; cheers!

    in reply to: 1st harp on the way….now what? #161012
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I’m on the same boat as you. just waiting for it to get home already. I got an exercise book by Deborah Friou….. seems like a great book. covers everything

    in reply to: Lyon & Healy delivery question #75527
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Barbara & Geri:

    Thank you for your replies. When they call to set up a delivery date I’m going to ask about the window for discovering damage (i.e. how long I have to inspect it). I’ll assume that one looks for damage on the box and notes it before signing (usual stuff).

    When I finally plunk down the cash for a pedal harp I think I’ll just rent a vehicle of some kind and transport the thing myself. Maybe it’s just me, but it seems that “modern” delivery services consist of throwing something from the truck to the ground, maybe dragging it to the porch. We’ve had things delivered where we were grateful that the driver didn’t take out the mailbox along with a few tree limbs 8-)

    in reply to: Any male harpists in here? #165604
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks for the info. I really am looking for anything fun to play, but things with a celtic feel to them are even better,

    in reply to: Saw My Next Harp Today #161074
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Although I had to sadly leave the Ravenna with a promise to it of “I’ll be back” LOL, I didn’t come away empty handed.

    Bought two books, one the tutor book my teacher recommends and Sylvia Woods’ 22 Romantic Pieces.

    in reply to: Any male harpists in here? #165602
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi there, wow this is so awesome.

    I am a 23 year old guy in SC, USA.
    I have always wanted to play the harp and did do some studying with a harp teach in high school. Unfortunately while I was in college I was unable to keep it up, but now that I am graduated I have purchased a small harp and am re-teaching myself how to play. It is so great to know that there are other guys out there.
    Just curious, are there any really great books for Celtic harps that you know of?

Viewing 15 posts - 991 through 1,005 (of 5,570 total)