unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 976 through 990 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: How do you know if you should quit? #160496
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Actually I thought it was funny, because I knew he must be joking.

    in reply to: How do you know if you should quit? #160494
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I think you should quit and sell your harp to me at a low low price.

    in reply to: harp teacher in Dallas area #84453
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Dallas is a large area.

    in reply to: harp teacher in Dallas area #85676
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Dallas is a large area.

    in reply to: How do you know if you should quit? #160491
    unknown-user
    Participant

    If it’s that frustrating, you might want to take a vacation from it.

    in reply to: How do you know if you should quit? #160487
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Some people never sight read well.

    in reply to: sponge in harp??? #160977
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I was told by a piano tuner to put a bowl of water in the bottom of my piano (an upright) to stop the strings going out of tune too quickly.

    in reply to: Harpsicle #161040
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I appreciate everyone’s comments, but………my parents are not looking to spend 2 grand on a lap harp for me. Haha I not only have a pedal harp, but my parents are renting me a pedal harp for my school, where I play in the orchestra and pit. In addition to my two harps, lessons and the various other harp costs (that I’m sure you are well aware of) are just some of some of the reasons as to whymy parents won’t cave. That’s why I originally inquired about the harpsicle. Any cheaper suggestions? Thanks again for everyone’s help

    in reply to: Harpsicles? Paraguayan harps? I need help! #68935
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks so much for your help, it turns out that I’m able to try out 2 levered harps in Montreal, one Paraguayan and one celtic.

    in reply to: Harp and Violin #151341
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I was looking for it but the editor doesn’t have any copies left.
    Can you tell me how I can get one? Damase himself mentioned this piece to me.

    in reply to: salvi angelica #72838
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I did sell the harp. Still miss it, but I trust the new owner is very happy with it!

    in reply to: Harpsicle #161031
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks! I will look into the Niamh harps. Thanks for your suggestion!

    in reply to: Harpsicle #161030
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks!
    I appreciate your help

    in reply to: Tuning in C or Eb ? #85983
    unknown-user
    Participant

    It really depends on what repertoire one wants to play.
    Normally I would recommend the Eb tuning, to have also some flats.
    Myself at the moment I play a lot of Irish music and prefer the E´s and A´s
    goodsounding, so I tuned my harp in F leaving one flat possible. Also because playing in sessions uses the strings more than solo playing; my strings always break where levers are used.

    Are there lever harps where the use of a lever does not affect the quality of the sound???

    in reply to: Satie arranged for Celtic harp #85997
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Sorry, just realised it was a link! Thanks for this. I will try and get it.

    Thanks,

    dylan

Viewing 15 posts - 976 through 990 (of 5,570 total)