unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 4,801 through 4,815 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: cruise ship ? #152127
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Nicole,

    in reply to: Eighteen- too old to start? #167677
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Clara!

    in reply to: Looking for Best Harp Teacher in Bay Area, CA region #167901
    unknown-user
    Participant

    There are many excellent harp teachers in northern California, so you may choose by location and if you wish, by teaching method. In the East Bay, Joyce Rosenfield teaches at her charming cottage in Antioch,
    50 miles east of San Francisco, on Route 4, Exit “G” St. She has many
    sizes and types of harps (lever, pedal) & teaches all ages & levels.
    She studied with both Salzedo & Grandjany & is a grad of The Curtis
    Institute of Music, did her Carnegie Recital Hall debut w. very good reviews, more on her website, AudioAdventuresPlus.com. $50/lesson.

    in reply to: Memorization #89370
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Jennifer,

    I am sure you know a lot of the music you play by heart already. Can you sing or humm it without looking at the sheet music? For memorizing, forget the little black dots on the paper and concentrate on the sound.

    Try memorizing the hand movements and the sound rather than the written notes. Even if it feels stupid, try humming the melody along with your hand movements while practicing (this is also nice if you practice each hand seperately, you can then humm the notes the other hand is supposed to play at that time). In this way your brain will directly connect the finger movements with the sound they produce after a while.

    I am not a teacher, I learn autodidacticly myself with some workshops from time to time to catch up on technique. I have a background with piano and guitar lessons, though. With these instuments, especially on the piano, I found it very difficult to memorize a piece for a longer period in time. With the harp I find it much easier, because I mentally connected short sound strings with finger patterns from the beginning. I memorize pieces in steps of “I play the thumb and the index finger down here, then I set the thumb on the same string again, skip one string, then set the index finger and the middle finger, then play them upwards” and so on (hard to explain in words, but maybe you get the idea). This also allows me to play the same tune in another key rather easily by just changing the tuning and starting on a differnt string (I play a lever harp, so no pedals involved here).

    Try out if this works for you: forget about the small black dots on paper as soon as possible (meaning as soon as you know what the piece is supposed to sound like). You might notice that this also gives you large amounts of free brain capacity to concentrate on playing technique, posture and the like.

    have fun (always the most important thing about making music :-) )

    in reply to: cruise ship ? #152126
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Nicole;

    in reply to: Arpistas Latinos! #166308
    unknown-user
    Participant

    EY KE ONDA BETUEL, YASE, SE ME ABIA OLVIDADO DECIRLES,
    ENTREN

    in reply to: Looking for Best Harp Teacher in Bay Area, CA region #167900
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Karen Gottlieb with the San Francisco Symphony, of course.

    in reply to: Arpistas Latinos! #166307
    unknown-user
    Participant

    que tal pues de nuevo yo les ando escrbeindo, solo para saludarlos y me doi cuenta como e sque ams personas escriben a esta comunidad,hay que ponernos de aciuerdo para palticar todos algun dia,
    los kiere mucho
    su amiga betuel

    in reply to: College and Harp! #167957
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hello, i’m halfway round the globe in singapore. Been learning the harp in school for 4 years, i finally got my own harp. Its a lever harp from japan, really proud of it. Yes, i dream, eat, breathe harps too..would love to communicate! I’m a junior college now, eh, 17 this year. Yup, entering Uni in 2 years time. I love lit, geog, basically the arts..oh, i’m a nature person too 🙂 I’ve added you to my msn messenger..see you! would love to talk! oh, my name is erica by the way..my contact is payacire@hotmail.com

    in reply to: Arpistas Latinos! #166306
    unknown-user
    Participant

    HOLA
    casi no escribo pero bueno ahora que si puedo pues keiro amndarles un SALUDOTE a todos los arpistas de mexico y por supuesto del mundo
    un saludo a akellos qeu simpre escriben y sugan hacuendolo
    pro cierto le mando un saludo a don marcelino q me cayo SUPER bien
    sugan asi y bueno supomngo que de todos los que escriben soy la menor y bueno que mejor que todos pusieran sus comnentarios para ue yo pueda saber mas sobr arpas.
    por cierto hagamosle premocion a la pagina de IVAN GOMEZ
    que por cier to se als recomiendo muchisisismo ay qeu le quedo MUY bonita
    aganle promocion he inviten a ams personas aunque no ean arpista el chiste aki es crear fam
    ok??

    BUENO LOS KIERE MUCHO (slo por que les gusta el arpa) betuel
    de xalpa veracruz, mexico
    haaaa escribanme

    in reply to: I’m new…. #167951
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi,
    I’m Jessica, currently 15 and Ive been playing for somewhere around 4 years. If you would like to talk my email is goldendragon4ever@hotmail.com, feel free to send me an email!

    Jessica

    in reply to: I’m new…. #167949
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hey, I’m 17 and i’ve been playing the harp for about 11 years now.

    in reply to: I’m new…. #167950
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hey, I’m the 17 yr old that just posted a message… email change from colieolie@hotmail.com to harpist21@hotmail.com… thanks

    in reply to: how much do you charge? #167961
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I am 17, have been playing for 11 years, and I also agree with those prices.

    in reply to: lesson rates (answers needed soon!) #89000
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I’ve seen a lot of obscene rates. Somes harpists will charge $10 per hour, where others will charge $200-$300 per month. But thats just here in northern Utah. Sorry if this doesn’t help.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,801 through 4,815 (of 5,570 total)