teva-benshlomo–2

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Favorite performance pieces #61751
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    Thanks
    For the suggestion. I love playing her composition THE NIGHTINGALE

    in reply to: Sheet music for Innis Siar (or Innis Sheer) #61719
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    i also bought the melody version, Frank, and I really LOVE this piece. Thanks for the suggestion! do you have any other recommendations for beautiful pieces?

    in reply to: Favorite performance pieces #61747
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    thanks for the suggestions. any particular pieces in mind?????

    in reply to: Decorative dust covers #76167
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    I purchased 2 bright , colorful IRISH flags online (one of them even has a picture of a harp on it) sewed them together on three sides to make a gorgeous , and original dust cover for my 38 string harp!!!!!

    in reply to: question for owners of the Dusty Strings 36 harp #68017
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    jerusha, I got this idea for a magnificent dust cover from a friend. I purchased 2 brilliantly colored irish flags online (ebay) for about $8.00 each. one of the flags even has a picture of an irish harp on it. I sewed the 2 flags together on three sides (inside out.) This gorgeous dust cover easily slips over almost any large sized lever harp, and definitely protects it from gathering dust!!!!!!

    in reply to: PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A HARP!!!!!!!!!!!! #156557
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    Thanks Malcolm, I have listened to the swan on the website and it sounds magnificent! Ohhhh, decisions,decisions!

    in reply to: PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A HARP!!!!!!!!!!!! #156555
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    believe me ,I will. I never thought it would be this complicated. the truth is, I am not so picky. I am certain there are many great harps out there that i would absolutely love. but i do think i need to try a few out first, since I will be shelling out years of savings!!!!!

    in reply to: PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A HARP!!!!!!!!!!!! #156553
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    Thanks William. I will check them out again. I believe hat they don’t make many staved or semi staved models however.

    in reply to: PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A HARP!!!!!!!!!!!! #156552
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    Hi st Petersburg is a 5 hour drive. Not totally out of the question. I would have to find out which harps they have in the showroom

    in reply to: PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A HARP!!!!!!!!!!!! #156548
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    Barbara, I still dont have a harp teacher. Now that you live in Florida, perhaps you know of or could recommend a teacher who is local to my area (West Broward- Ft lauderdale, West Boca, Coral Springs) or perhaps you have a list of teachers? I am interested in Folk/Celtic rather than classical!

    in reply to: PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A HARP!!!!!!!!!!!! #156547
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    Yes, Barbara, This very morning, i read about the event in Asheville, and I would love to go, but since I am recovering from recent knee surgery(right knee) driving is pretty much out of the question- but who knows? life is filled with so many unexpected twists and turns, maybe i will find a way to get there!!!!!!! Teva

    in reply to: PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A HARP!!!!!!!!!!!! #156544
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    Hi Brooke, Sherry and Yerusha, Once again, thanks you for your invaluable inout regarding my pursuit to find a harp. It certainly makes sense that I try the instrument before i buy it. that is what I did with my keyboard, And with my guitars,and with those, i definitely made the right decisions.But in those cases, it was a no brainer, we have plenty of music stores nearby that carry those instruments, but i have never seen a harp sold in any of those stores, and curiously, to this day, i have never even touched a large floor harp. it was a big surprise and delight for me to hear that there is a Harp festival here in Florida in february, so i think that will be my best opportunity to try different harps. Hope i can hold out that long!!!!!!

    in reply to: PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A HARP!!!!!!!!!!!! #156540
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    Hi Brook! Please tell me MORE about the SERENADE. I was under the impression that it was more of a “beginner’s” harp, with a lesser quality and sound than some of the pricier models such as the dusty fh36s or the thormahlen swan or the triplett signature. Obviously, the lower price is an attraction for me, BUT since this purchase will likely be the ONLY harp I will ever buy, I want to make sure that i am making the right decision.

    in reply to: PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A HARP!!!!!!!!!!!! #156539
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    Hi Jane, I will look into the Webster cecilia harp. I am really getting to understand how I need to try out these harps before coming to a decision. Thanks for the info!

    in reply to: PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A HARP!!!!!!!!!!!! #156535
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    Hi Brooke, I listened to you playing the Serenade on YouTube, and it sounds gorgeous. Now I am definitely also going to consider this model. Why do you like it more than the others? So many choices!!!!!!!Thanks, teva

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)