teva-benshlomo–2

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A HARP!!!!!!!!!!!! #156534
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    Hi Nancy, I never expected to discover someone else from coral springs on harp column. I may just be your neighbor! I live off Atlantic blvd in shadowood!! What a small world. Well I would love to get together with you, to talk to you about harps, to look at your harp and to find out about harp teachers in the area. When are you available? Since I recently had knee surgery, I am taking a break from working, so I presently have plenty of free time. Look forward to meeting with you. Teva

    in reply to: PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A HARP!!!!!!!!!!!! #156533
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    Well I am really overwhelmed and excited by the wonderful responses I am getting on harp column forum. Yes I want to attend the Naples event and I will supply my contact info. I also wanted to reiterate that I am still quite the beginner as far as harping goes, hope I am up to being in an ensemble! Look forward to meeting you

    in reply to: PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A HARP!!!!!!!!!!!! #156530
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    hi Barbara, thanks so much for the info about the harp festival in Naples. I would love to be able to attend, and play in the ensemble. I will try to hold off buying a harp until then, but that will be quite a challenge! By the way, where do the attendees stay while in naples? Are there any reasonably priced motels nearby? (downtown Naples is very expensive in February!)please keep me posted. With great appreciation, Teva

    in reply to: PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A HARP!!!!!!!!!!!! #156528
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    Hi Nancy, I am so excited to hear that there will be a big harp event in Florida! I only hope I can hold off purchasing a harp until spring, but I guess that would be the wisest course of action, especially since I have only played a small lap harp . Where are you located? Which harp did you choose?

    in reply to: PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A HARP!!!!!!!!!!!! #156527
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    Thanks Barbara. I contacted the south Florida harp society, and hope to attend the September meeting. Harp column has been invaluable!

    in reply to: PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A HARP!!!!!!!!!!!! #156524
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    Hi Barbara, I have also heard great things about the Triplett Signature. I am getting closer to making up my mind. I would still like to know how the Signature differs from the Dusty Strings FH 36 in terms of volume, tone, brightness,warmth etc. if you have any comments, i would be much obliged!!!!!!

    in reply to: PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A HARP!!!!!!!!!!!! #156523
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    Hi Barbara, Thank you for the info. Being new on the harp, I had no idea that there were many harpists in south Florida. I will definitely contact the AHS chapter!

    in reply to: PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A HARP!!!!!!!!!!!! #156519
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    Hi Lisa, The only Harpists I know are all of YOU!!!!! I wish I could hook up with some round here. That will be yet another challenge!

    in reply to: PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A HARP!!!!!!!!!!!! #156518
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    hi amber, i checked my gmail, and did find the email from you about the FH36S Dusty strings harp. i went to the atlanta harp center website, but this harp was not listed. i will email the address you gave me. this may be a dream come true!!!!!!! thanks thanks thanks! Teva

    in reply to: PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A HARP!!!!!!!!!!!! #156514
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    Once again, thanks for your very useful feedback. I live in sunny south florida, where many of us residents spend our free time on the beach instead of playing musical instruments,so maybe that is the reason why the closest harp center is in Atlanta, Georgia, about 15 hours away.( i am definitely far from the pacific northwest).Well now i have pretty much narrowed my search to a dusty strings FH 36H or a triplett signature(or possibly the 34 string versions of these). i would appreciate any more feedback or comments you may have on these models, as well as the limitations of 34 vs 36 strings. and Amber, I didnt get your email yet, so would you please resend????

    in reply to: PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A HARP!!!!!!!!!!!! #156508
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    Thanks for the info jerusha. I am leaning toward the dusty strings because i have heard alot of positive remarks about them. I would love to get Bubinga wood, which would come out more than my budget for the 36 string, but within my budget for the 34 string.Only the sapele wood falls in my budget for the 36 string. what would you recommend?

    in reply to: Question from yet another annoying newbie! #157043
    teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

    hi all.This is Teva again Thank you all so much for your feedback. I am so excited about purchasing a floor harp (lever), but right now, i am agonizing over this decision! Since i will be laying out a lot of cash, I want to make sure that I am comfortable with my final choice. Unfortunately, I live about 15 hours from the nearest harp store and dont have the possibility to attend any harp convention and dont really want to rent a harp, so I will be making my decision based upon music clips that I hear online as well as upon recommendations of other more experienced harpists like yourselves!. I essentially want a Celtic harp and have no plans or desire to play a pedal harp. I prefer a 36 string harp with medium tension, one with big volume but not overly “bright” sound I prefer a rich mellow but very clean clear “celestial” sound. I think I may like cherry, sapele, or bubinga wood. My budget is around $5000 tops. I am certain there are many models of harps out there that I would love. I am considering a Dusty Strings FH36, a Triplett signature, or a Thormahlen cygnet( I think this one is out of my budget) but I am open to any suggestions about other models you think I may like based on the info I have told you!PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)