harpcolumn

question for owners of the Dusty Strings 36 harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories question for owners of the Dusty Strings 36 harp

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Hello everyone!

I need a dust cover for my 36S; however, I don’t think that Dusty Strings sells dust covers. Can you recommend a lever harp dust cover that will fit my harp?

Thanks!

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Hi, Jerusha. Two places that can do this for you are the harpcouture folks on seraphimmusic.com or enchantedharp.com.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

I do know that I can have one custom made, but I need to obtain one rather quickly. Do you (or anyone else) know of a lever dust cover made by Lyon and Healy or Salvi that would fit a Dusty 36 reasonably well? (length down to the feet and wide enough so that it closes easily–better that it be a little oversized than too snug)

barbara-brundage
    Participant

No, sorry, I don’t. I don’t think any of their harps are proportioned closely enough to a dusty, but maybe someone else will know of something.

william-weber
    Participant

Jerusha, have you considered Markwood Heavenly Strings and Cases? They list a case for your size of harp (36 to 38 strings) at $320 plus shipping. That must be an excellent dust cover, if a bit of overkill.

Jerusha, If you need one rather quickly, consider using a blanket and keeping it on the instrument using “Blanket Pins” that I remember from past camping days. Otherwise visit a good fabric store and go to the area where sturdy fabrics are, after measuring your Dusty and buying a bit more than twice its height.As Your harp will be protected by this temporary move, and later you may decide to make your own case..As my dear Irish grandmother used to say, “Needs must when the devil drives!”

stephen-vardy
    Participant

feather duster…
    you will play it more often when you can see it.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

I realize that some of you are trying to be humorous, but I still could use a light dust cover for the Dusty. I am looking for responses from people who have found a dust cover for another brand of lever harp that happens to fit a Dusty 36 reasonably well.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

You know, Jerusha, I would get in touch with harp couture. They were going to exhibit at Southeastern harps last weekend and I would bet a lot of people didn’t go because of Sandy, so possibly they might have something they made up for there that didn’t sell.

Sherj DeSantis
    Participant

Hi Jerusha. Try e-mailing Pam Styke at plstyke@cox.net
    I don’t know if she has one made but she is worth asking. Best of luck. Sherj

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Thanks, Barbara and Sherj! I’ll check into your suggestions.

teva-benshlomo–2
    Participant

jerusha, I got this idea for a magnificent dust cover from a friend. I purchased 2 brilliantly colored irish flags online (ebay) for about $8.00 each. one of the flags even has a picture of an irish harp on it. I sewed the 2 flags together on three sides (inside out.) This gorgeous dust cover easily slips over almost any large sized lever harp, and definitely protects it from gathering dust!!!!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies