Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Tacye
ParticipantAt least as important as absolute strength is ergonomics, posture and efficiency.
Tacye
ParticipantI have seen wooden toggles work fine- I think Camacs had them?
June 16, 2012 at 11:42 am in reply to: I would really love to play the harp, but I’m 24. Is that too late? #155061Tacye
ParticipantPilgrim make great harps- but so do many other makers.
June 15, 2012 at 11:37 pm in reply to: I would really love to play the harp, but I’m 24. Is that too late? #155058Tacye
ParticipantA harp is not a piano.
However, 34 strings is enough to play your own arrangement (based around whatever music you can find) of pretty much any tune.
If you are selling a known make of harp at a sensible price and don’t live in the middle of nowhere they are quite easy to sell though some models move faster than others.
Tacye
ParticipantSoundboards of this vintage were very often painted, the plainest were monochrome with gold lines.
June 15, 2012 at 10:26 pm in reply to: I would really love to play the harp, but I’m 24. Is that too late? #155056Tacye
ParticipantThere is so much more than the number of strings- harps have character and different sounds and feel.
June 15, 2012 at 8:20 pm in reply to: I would really love to play the harp, but I’m 24. Is that too late? #155054Tacye
ParticipantHarp rental is often a good idea to start with, but I fear you have read the wrong prices somewhere.
Tacye
ParticipantAlso play the whole harp in flats, naturals and sharps.
Tacye
ParticipantIs the bed of a truck any worse than say the back of a transit van? Harp makers regularly turn up to harp festivals in vans stuffed with harps.
Tacye
ParticipantThose look like Pilgrim levers so perhaps Pilgrim would be able to tell you more.
Tacye
ParticipantI believe that Fountain haven’t existed for a fair while.
Tacye
ParticipantAs Tony says you would be well advised to try lots of harps and see which you fall in love with.
Tacye
ParticipantEasiest is to ask anyone who knows wood well.
Tacye
ParticipantSometimes strings break at the pin if there are not enough wraps round the pin. Do you have three full turns there?
Tacye
ParticipantWhen you read about harps ‘lasting’ only 25 years it is not a case that they are dead after that time.
-
AuthorPosts