Tacye

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,469 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: history of lever harp? #102895
    Tacye
    Participant

    I don’t think there was a gap – Morley stopped building pedal harps during WW1 to concentrate on small harps and repairs and I have found references to similar small harps at the very end of the 19th C.

    in reply to: Backup Career as Harpist? #155015
    Tacye
    Participant

    I have several friends who studied something other than music at University and are now professional harpists (with degrees and even higher degrees in teaching, science, classics, history…)

    in reply to: history of lever harp? #102893
    Tacye
    Participant

    It depends on exactly how you define a ‘lever’.

    in reply to: history of lever harp? #102891
    Tacye
    Participant

    Hmm, the view from Europe is rather different.

    in reply to: history of lever harp? #102889
    Tacye
    Participant

    They sort of came both before and after pedal harps – there were of course many sorts of harp before pedals were invented, including hook harps, which had hand operated sharpening mechanism on the neck and developed into pedal harps.

    in reply to: ID a harp? #68966
    Tacye
    Participant

    Has that image been flipped?

    in reply to: New Site–New Forums! #102519
    Tacye
    Participant

    Hmm, I have mixed feelings – I resent what I see as pressure to transfer my (harp) life onto the site.

    in reply to: Renting your instrument out #67972
    Tacye
    Participant

    I would never deal with a company or organisers. I have lent my harp out to strangers, and might well do so again (I have also borrowed one abroad so it only seems fair) but I would want to discuss it with the harpist in person and get a feel for the situation and how much personal responsibility the harpist would take. Maybe the harp would only be available if I were hired to move it!

    in reply to: Waring Harps…need answers! #68869
    Tacye
    Participant

    Nancy, there is a sort of non-slip material sometimes sold in cheapo shops as drawer liner.

    in reply to: Any experience with Telynau Teifi? #155496
    Tacye
    Participant

    I have not (yet) met that model, but admire Teifi’s pricier models greatly.

    in reply to: L & I Erat Patent Harp #68998
    Tacye
    Participant

    What part of the world are you in?

    in reply to: How would you go about playing piano music on a lever harp? #102945
    Tacye
    Participant

    Bella, learning the AB theory syllabus up to grade 5 will make all this much clearer to you.

    in reply to: How would you go about playing piano music on a lever harp? #102940
    Tacye
    Participant

    You won’t miraculously know how to do it- like anything you will get better with practice and study, starting with simple music and working up.

    in reply to: How would you go about playing piano music on a lever harp? #102938
    Tacye
    Participant

    First learn to play the lever harp really well:-)

    in reply to: Another bout of “moderne orchestral music”…. #145401
    Tacye
    Participant

    We also have a purely modern phenomena to contend with – compositions which sound great when the computer plays them but are a nightmare on real instruments.

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,469 total)