sherry-lenox

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 747 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Grossi #83255
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    There is an English translation by someone here, and I’m embarrassed to say that I can’t remember who has done it. If I can find it in my files, I’ll send it to you.

    in reply to: How young is too young? #82759
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    The Kodaly method has many great suggestions for teaching preschool aged children.

    in reply to: learning Piano after harp? #104480
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    Little confused about that one myself. The pan pipes are part of the insignia of my music fraternity, and I couldn’t see the connection…..

    in reply to: learning Piano after harp? #104460
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    I was always a lamentable pianist, so much so that because of my fear of piano I actually stopped being a public school music teacher.

    Since playing the harp, I’ve developed much more of a sense of placing and anticipating the appropriate motion between fingerings.

    I absolutely agree that going from piano to harp is harder than going from harp to piano.

    in reply to: Getting a style 100 #73032
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    I bought a used 85P sight unseen and ear unheard, and the harpist/salesperson working for Lyon and Healy was VERY helpful. Her description of the sound of my harp (that was all I cared about) was conservative and accurate- I actually think the harp sounded better than she had described.

    Even though she was employed as the seller, she had no good reason to be dishonest when she was talking to me about the instrument I was interested in.

    I was very satisfied with my purchase and continue to be.

    in reply to: Ouch! Replaced by a Synthesizer? #149230
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    Oooops- meant to say, I bet Bernstein didn’t write the synth. part to replace a real harp…..

    in reply to: Ouch! Replaced by a Synthesizer? #149229
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    Disgusting! The harp part is really important. I bet Bernstien didn’t write it!

    in reply to: Candlelight Carol & Mass for the Children by Rutter #149280
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    If you’re handy to a library, I think the harp part for Candlelight Carol is in one of the volumes of the Oxford Carols for Choirs, and you may be able to see the part there.
    If you find it, you could probably photo copy it in a pinch but the choir books are smaller than 8×11.

    in reply to: Blevins Mira 30 #158231
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    I definitely second that motion. I have a very nice Avee 36 that came from the discount section. I had the levers changed, but the whole setup was still under $2000. In my opinion, a very good deal.

    in reply to: Does anyone know where I can find this Grossi book? #83658
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    That’s it! Thanks so much!

    in reply to: Salvi Ana -VS- Daphne 40 or 44 #73238
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    Check the pre-owned harps on the L&H website. I have one that everyone including my teacher, loves. The price was a plus in purchasing it.

    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    Kathy is that your new harp pictured on the Thormahlen website? If so, it’s the bee’s knees!

    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    YOU CAN ACTUALLY HEAR THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

    in reply to: Round harp stool vs. bench #73363
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    Lessons on a spinner, practice at home on a bench, no big difference, but I’m still fussing around with the ideal height of what I sit on and the difference between my Wurlitzer and my teacher’s massive gigantic Salvi.

    in reply to: harpist on “Glee”? – harp sighting #102473
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

    KK- I think your comment about Glass is hysterical. I, who am a real over of classical musicals, raised two sons who despise the very thought of musical comedy because they can’t get past “Why are all those musicians always there?”.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 747 total)