harpcolumn

How young is too young?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Teaching the Harp How young is too young?

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

The Kodaly method has many great suggestions for teaching preschool aged children.

nanja-bakker
    Participant

Recently I started with a 4 years old, on the smallest Camac Bardic.

Alison
    Participant

I am working with a 6 year old, and the progress and her level of attention varies from one visit to the next, so as much as she ‘loves’ the harp, I think at the moment it’s just one of many activities and opportunities for learning.

Elena,

You inquired about games to help young students with harp, etc. I have Rhythmaticity on my studio computer, and after several lessons and also clapping certain rhythms with a metronome, I let some students try matching one finger on

niina
    Participant

I wonder if Benjamin Creighton Griffiths thinks that aged 4 is too young?

Susan Ottzen
    Participant

Music games-I recommend http://www.musiclearningcommunity.com I have been using it for 2 years with my students. If it is for a harp student play the games without the keyboard. If they did play piano use all. Contact me for more information

william-nichols
    Participant

I started playing the harp when i was four. 10 years later i remember very little of my first lessons, but i remember just learning simple songs and melodies on a tiny little lap harp.

Will.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies