harpcolumn

Blevins Mira 30

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Blevins Mira 30

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    tea-s-k
    Participant

Hi
    I have been looking around for a harp, and I am thinking about buying a Mira 30 from Blevins. I have heard the sound clip on the website and the portablity and sound speaks to me, as well as the pricerange. I was orignally looking after a 34 string harp, but this one goes down to F5 – will I miss C6-E5 alot?
    And have anyone tried a mira type harp?

Generaly about me: have played on a ayoma rentet from the musicschool, have played under six month at the moment. pedalharps do not speak to me, like a general mixture of music but mostly soft rock and folk songs.

It is so hard to make such a

Leslie Davis
    Participant

Hi, Tea.

I’m a very new beginner and won’t be able to answer your question, but what I will suggest is for you to

tea-s-k
    Participant

I am already emailing a little with Cindy Blevins. But I was more thinking about peoples experiance with this harp model, how it is to handle ad specially wether people miss the strings from F5 down to C6.

Trying the harps in person are not possible for me – living in europe and not very near their partners.

KarenA
    Participant

I have 5 lever harps, 2 of them Blevins. One is a Thormahlen, one is a Dusty Strings and one is a Stoney End.

The 2 Blevins I had (36 and 29 strings) cracked where the neck and pillar meet. The others didn’t. All were subjected to the tropical weather in my country.

Suggest you get any of the other three brands I mentioned above which are among the best in the world. There are good brands in Europe as well known for quality workmanship such as Camac and Salvi. There are also lots in the UK.

deb-l
    Participant

Tea, my first harp was a Blevins Cindy 30, same range as what you are looking at.

Zen Sojourner
    Participant

I have a Blevin’s Bouree which was left sitting in the middle of a field for over a week (I was out of town when it was delivered and apparently UPS thought that was appropriate) in the Missouri summer sun, heat and humidity, with no damage.

Zen Sojourner
    Participant

Alrighty then.

KarenA
    Participant

The cracks were not a result of a flood. They both cracked under normal dry conditions.

rennie-nelson
    Participant

Hi everyone.
    I’ve been reading this forum for some time and first of all want to thank everyone for their comments. I’ve learned such a lot from all of you and have come to rely on your collective wisdom and experience in all things to do with harps. I’ve always felt that questions and comments were –

tea-s-k
    Participant

Thanks for all the insight. I took a melodybook for piano with many nice pieces and compared the need of strings – and are now looking for something with 34 strings, are almost set on Blevins Avee 34. But need the finances first, so are looking forward to the spring.

Zen Sojourner
    Participant

Keep an eye on his discount pages – one may come up that you can afford before that.

Actually there is one there now, it includes free-shipping and a case so that’s about $255 off the regular price.

http://www.blevinsharps.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=271_287

sherry-lenox
    Participant

I definitely second that motion. I have a very nice Avee 36 that came from the discount section. I had the levers changed, but the whole setup was still under $2000. In my opinion, a very good deal.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.