Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantIt will also help to do exercises on double thirds and other intervals, like he uses in Idyllic Poem, and the descending fifths and sixths in one hand. There is something about coordination in that passage that makes it so hard, even though it is in some ways simple.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantBefore you tackle Idyllic Poem, which is quite difficult, you might go into Poem of the Little Stars, which will give you phrasing and harmonics practice, and the Preludes Intimes, if you haven’t done them already, which are excellent mood pieces.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantThank you!
A certain amount can be handled by placement, but not always enough.
I have a tascam and a zoom h2, and I have a pair of sony lavalier mics, old voice mics that are quite nice. Nothing fancy.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantI would rather play it “con ragazzo,” but that would be another piece of music.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantThere is one really bad transition on the first page, I think, that I try to fake, as it seems unplayable. Does anyone have a great solution for it?
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantI think the best tip is a recommendation to others to use their services. I wouldn’t object to serving coffee, or lunch if we were friendly. And I might tip if they were offering services for a very low fee. But as a professional, I feel insulted by being offered a tip rather than the rate I asked for. I am not a waiter.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantOh, but you will definitely want to own your own copy. You will re-read it many times, I predict. Yes, it just became available today! We must sell thousands of copies to replenish the fund that published it.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantI think you mean this: http://erato.uvt.nl/files/imglnks/usimg/6/6e/IMSLP37724-PMLP11274-Debussy-Printemps.Harp.pdf
Unless you are speaking of another piece, or version thereof, this is a piece for choir, piano solo
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantI shouldn’t think so, they are charging quite high fees already, if you mean the guild members. I never have, nor had any indication of a need to, as they are all self-employed, unless you mean other circumstances.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantGood for Duluth! Another local industry born. Now, can you make something out of smoked fish oil?
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantCon vaghezza means with charm, so that’s another way of saying warmth. It is a moment of respite.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantYou have a poorly copied copy, Sam, it say “con vaghezza.” The ascending stroke on the right side of the v is broken and barely visible.
As for accuracy, when Italian is used for musical terms by non-Italians, we don’t always follow the rules, or the same rules, for instance, “glissando.” Gliss is French, not Italian.
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantScore another one for old dictionaries. So the piece refers to the Inferno as well as a hymn?
Saul Davis Zlatkovski
ParticipantThis will never replace the video of Lucile Lawrence, but what a gas!
-
AuthorPosts