Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Michael H
ParticipantThe harp was back for tonight’s episode! Seems like she’s a permanent crew member. Very exciting!
Michael H
ParticipantI have like, the first part of the song transcribed… “I found a little plot of land in the garden of Eden, it was and dirt is all the same”…
But I can’t seem to get the rest.
Michael H
ParticipantHmm… I wonder why the author decided to use an image of Joanna Newsom in his writing, maybe she was the substitute harpist!
Michael H
ParticipantSorry to double post but I just wanted to let everyone know that it’s time to practice your polyrhythms because all the charts are back up on the JN Transcription Project!
Michael H
ParticipantI refuse to change my name to “Socks”.
Michael H
ParticipantI remember there used to be one in the upper right corner, where it says Welcome, insertnamehere…
But for some reason it’s gone now! My only guess is that maybe it was too much for the servers?
Michael H
ParticipantYou can still get in contact with the man who transcribed the music at jnewproject@gmail.com !
He still sends the files to people so no worries.
Michael H
ParticipantI tried learning how to play harp on my own…Not the best idea. Even though I own and have read Yolanda Kondonassis’ book, On Playing the Harp several times and even though I diligently watch the hand positions and movements of
Michael H
ParticipantHere’s more Looney Toon harps!

Bugs Bunny from Baton Bunny.
Porky with a pair of lever harps.Is it sad that I’ve found these episodes just because I remember seeing harps in them? It’s because of Bugs Bunny that I even knew what a harp was when I was younger.Michael H
ParticipantThe Arianna is actually my second favorite in terms of visual appeal (Gorgeous voice too! It’s a popular harp, I ‘ve seen many clips of it!). I guess if I had the money…I’d get both the Scolpita and the Arianna and hope they mate to create some sort of mutant instrument with super-harp powers…
Yes!
Seriously though, just look at the bases of both those harps…Stunning!

Michael H
ParticipantVideo’s been takin’ down. Ah well, can’t say I love American Dad.
Here’s one everyone should know!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2WJbXpdBo8
start at 1:55!
Michael H
ParticipantOh, American Idol, the more the singer can caterwaul, the better they score…Ick…
But I understand completely. :[
Michael H
ParticipantThat’s usually how people feel about her voice…At first. It grows on you after awhile, if you can believe it!
Her voice also improves in her later recordings. Listen to “Peach, Plum, Pear” and then listen to “Emily”.
Michael H
ParticipantCurrently, Joanna is my favorite artist. I hope she releases a new album soonish! But it’ll be hard to top Ys.
I really love the way she plays harp what with all the polyrhythms and such!
Michael H
ParticipantHaving not grown up in the era when the Marx Brothers were really well known, I never had a chance to really know much about Harpo.
Funny you’re mentioning this but the other day, I saw that very same scene from A Night in Casablanca…At least I think it was that one. The one where he was playing Liszt’s second Hungarian Rhapsody…That’s a Night in Casablanca right? It really was wonderful!
-
AuthorPosts