harpcolumn

If money was no object I would buy….

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break If money was no object I would buy….

Viewing 13 posts - 91 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    vince-pierce
    Participant

I would buy:

– Thurau Bauhaus model
    – Salvi Apollo
    – Lyon and Healy Style 23 in Walnut
    – Camac Big Blue electric harp
    – an original Erard Gothic
    – Victor Salvi 50th Anniversary Edition harp
    and…an acoustically perfect, climate controlled room for all the harps 🙂

Not a short list, but I already have my dream harp (a Lyon & Healy Salzedo model), so I’m off to a good start!

Vince

betsy-paine
    Participant

A fully restored/rebuilt Pleyel cross-strung, a Lyon Healy 23 in bubinga (if there were such a thing), a gut-strung Thormahlen Swan in bubinga, a lifetime supply of strings for all of my harps, a larger vehicle to transport them all in, and a bigger house where they could all live happily!

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Vince,

I can see why the Salzedo is your dream harp.

carl-swanson
    Participant

Geri- Nice to see that you like the Art Nouveau harp that I built a couple of years ago. I’m thinking of building a second one, so start saving your pennies! If you ever get to Boston, the original one, pictured on my company web site(www.swanson harp.com) is in the suburbs of Boston. I’m sure the owner would love to show it to you.

cynthy-johnson
    Participant

A Louis XV Concert Grand Lyon & Healy ….

katerina
    Participant

I played it couple of times. Its MARVELOUS!!! The only a pedal

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Katerina,

<>

katerina
    Participant

Jerusha,

I have never seen a concert harp sounding better than Javelot. The compareable examples were only from Loeffler and Obermayer (but they

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Katerina,

Reading your post makes me wish that I could afford to buy a Javelot!

I wonder if anyone in the U.S. owns one.

Jerusha

Michael H
    Participant

I woooould buuuuuy…Hmm…What would I buy?

Oooh! I’d like a Salvi Scolpita but I really wanna see one in person first. In some pictures, it looks like it’s made of chocolate and in others like a pretzel (I’m fine with either). I’ve heard it has a gorgeous sound and some people laud the design, while a greater group of people castigate it. Buuuuut it floats my boat quite alright.

And then I’d get a Camac Big Blue in black and I’d totally outfit it with some crazy pedals.

Fearghal McCartan
    Participant

What about the Salvi Arianna? That isn’t gilded or Greek-columned. Or the L&H Salzedo – can’t get much more art deco than that! :-)

Michael H
    Participant

The Arianna is actually my second favorite in terms of visual appeal (Gorgeous voice too! It’s a popular harp, I ‘ve seen many clips of it!). I guess if I had the money…I’d get both the Scolpita and the Arianna and hope they mate to create some sort of mutant instrument with super-harp powers…

Yes!

Seriously though, just look at the bases of both those harps…Stunning!

Fearghal McCartan
    Participant

mmmmm, The L&H Louis XV is not a bad harp but I just find the design and carving

Viewing 13 posts - 91 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies