Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
marguerite-lynn-williams
SpectatorChristine-
I tried to send quite an extensive answer to your questions to your email, but it was returned to me.
marguerite-lynn-williams
SpectatorHi,
Betsy Fitzgerald lives just outside of Tokyo.
marguerite-lynn-williams
SpectatorI just received another one of these “requests” and thought I would post it so everyone can recognize them.
Dear Friend,
I am mr williams jeff and i saw your advert on internet. My daughter is interested in learning the piano as mentioned by
you and I am happy with your area of specialty.
She will be in by the 1st week in june and will be
returning home by November so,I will want you to help me
in lessoning her an hour,2X a week on playing the Piano.
I will like to know your exact location and avail me of
your telephone numbers too.
So,please calculate the total cost from 2nd week in june to
the last week of November to me.
marguerite-lynn-williams
SpectatorHi Calista,
I would recommend the Hoffman Quintet and the Bax Quintet.
marguerite-lynn-williams
SpectatorLiz-
Congrats on pursuing the harp on so few years! I also went to school to major in harp with only about 4 years of harp study.
When you are considering schools, you should also think about what method the teacher follows…since you haven’t been playing for a huge amount of time, it may hold you back to change techniques of playing at this point.
I would suggest adding Chicago College of Performing Arts(Sarah Bullen) and Northwestern University (Elizabeth Cifani) to your list of options.
Good luck with your search for a school!
marguerite-lynn-williams
SpectatorI’d love to find out who played the extensive harp solo with George Michael in “I Remember You” off of his Songs from the Last Century album. Do you think that music is available somewhere??
marguerite-lynn-williams
SpectatorSaul,
Did you mean to ask about harpteachers.com? harplessons.com is a privately owned harmonica site…unless I’m missing something about it

-Lynn
marguerite-lynn-williams
SpectatorPeter,
I teach both pedal and lever harp in Chicago.
marguerite-lynn-williams
SpectatorMaybe try contacting the Syracuse Symphony.
marguerite-lynn-williams
SpectatorLaurie-
What level are you looking for? My sister and I have an extensive ensemble library since we played together for many years.
marguerite-lynn-williams
SpectatorI am also interested in becoming Suzuki certified.
marguerite-lynn-williams
SpectatorColin- You may be able to rent a nice lever harp from an area harpist.
marguerite-lynn-williams
SpectatorElisabeth-
Being a harpist who studied piano for 9 years before turning to the harp, and having taught many students both with and without piano skills, I would say it is a definite asset to have learned to play the piano before learning the harp.marguerite-lynn-williams
SpectatorHi-
Before you choose a concerto, you should look to see if there are any requirements for these competitions.
-
AuthorPosts