Liam M

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 294 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Harp cases/gig bags #161667
    Liam M
    Participant

    Good idea Kara,

    in reply to: Malfunctioning lever #161745
    Liam M
    Participant

    You should be able to regulate the existing levers, it would appear that they have slipped position slightly. The base of the lever should allow a small amount of adjustment in position. With the lever disengaged and slightly loose, (Very slightly), by you symptomology, advance it in the direction of the pin slightly. Snug it down, engage it and then check the tone. Repeat as necessary to arrive at the desired note.

    I would not hesitate to contact Morley. Not sure which harp or which levers you have and they are resellers, so there is quite a range. But they are reputable and realize that not all musicians are also mechanics, (Now that is one I have never understood, LOL!!), so I would expect they will be glad to help.

    in reply to: ? for the “nail” players #161280
    Liam M
    Participant

    Actually Karen, I don’t know how much of a purist I am. My preference for nails is more a matter of comfort. My big paws never would adjust to the Hitchhiker posture, (Hmmm Maybe if I had not started building my first car at 13, I would have picked up the pose?

    in reply to: The birth of a harp #160792
    Liam M
    Participant

    Michael,

    I wonder……. For other reasons, I plugged my zither holes with spruce and then redrilled the spruce dowels to accept the zithers. That could be a positive factor in my case. But I have seen no progression of the hairline cracks and the Trinity that I am restoring has the same cracks and does not slip that I know of.

    This is a picture of Clarsita, the Druid, where you can see the fine cracking. I do not have a picture of the Trinity showing it’s fine cracks, but they are similar. The laminate is biased grained to the face piece we see, so I would expect any further cracking there to be inhibited considerably.

    Audrey, tell Tony plugging would always be an option. I sincerely do not

    in reply to: ? for the “nail” players #161276
    Liam M
    Participant

    Adding in, Cynthia Cathcart has an excellent You Tube on nail shaping for the wire, (surprisingly Audrey, what she demonstrates would interfere with the “Hitchhiker thumb” and defeat the crooked nail approach to playing both!)

    But when you see how she shapes and after experimenting with shaping myself, I have come the the conclusion that the crooked nail might not be the best idea. I do know reshaping to her

    in reply to: The birth of a harp #160788
    Liam M
    Participant

    Yes that is what I was referring to, I have asked and am awaiting response to find out what I need to do further… I still do not have access to even read the posts…

    in reply to: The birth of a harp #160787
    Liam M
    Participant

    Audrey, that should not be a problem, Muis cross grains when he laminates the arch and your zither seats in the center piece of the sandwich. Clarsita has the same hairlines and there has been no impairment.

    in reply to: The birth of a harp #160781
    Liam M
    Participant

    You’re

    in reply to: The birth of a harp #160778
    Liam M
    Participant

    LOL!! Ohh and do I empathize with you Audrey!! That is why I sent for the Alaska Piks!

    in reply to: The birth of a harp #160774
    Liam M
    Participant

    LOLOL!! Just cheeking you Audrey!

    in reply to: The birth of a harp #160770
    Liam M
    Participant

    Ahh Audrey, you’re lovely!

    in reply to: Encounters with Famous people #103105
    Liam M
    Participant

    My son and I sailed into an event one time. We tied up and my son went off exploring. I was below when I heard, “Papa, Wally and I are coming aboard”

    in reply to: Musical Terrorism #102834
    Liam M
    Participant

    You know I had overlooked this thread….

    I am not much of a harper, harpist…whatever.

    in reply to: harp came without tuning key #161882
    Liam M
    Participant

    You’re welcome, Merry Christmas

    in reply to: Merry Christmas! #110268
    Liam M
    Participant

    Feliz Navidad y prospero Ano Nuevo!! Me voy a Venezuela hoy dia! Ciao!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 294 total)