kreig-kitts

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 505 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: what’s your favorite youtube video at the moment? #157396
    kreig-kitts
    Member

    That is a wonderful clip of the aria.

    A friend recently shared a video of a wonderful accordion player (really) that still has me somewhat amazed.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0QQIf2-sqQ

    in reply to: Heartland Harps going all-carbon fiber #72479
    kreig-kitts
    Member

    I think if a carbon fiber pedal harp comes out, it will be a second harp for most professionals who have it, for outdoor playing

    in reply to: Harp frame acoustics #72660
    kreig-kitts
    Member

    Necks are usually

    in reply to: Camac Bardic 27 versus other travel harps? #71230
    kreig-kitts
    Member

    That little guy has a nice voice for something like a Ren Faire. Hmmm, might be a nice consideration for a busking harp too.

    in reply to: Heartland Harps going all-carbon fiber #72466
    kreig-kitts
    Member

    We’re not going there again: carbon fiber is not the same as plastic. Repeat on the chalkboard 100 times after school…

    in reply to: Heartland Harps going all-carbon fiber #72463
    kreig-kitts
    Member

    That’s quite a bold move.

    in reply to: Music editing on a laptop #107064
    kreig-kitts
    Member

    Thanks for the responses. I feel pretty comfortable now that a 13″ display laptop will be fine for my needs.

    in reply to: pt cruiser? #148808
    kreig-kitts
    Member

    I’ve found PT Cruisers to have very large blind spots, so you might pay attention to that during

    in reply to: multi instrumentalists – how do you do it? #106820
    kreig-kitts
    Member

    This reminds me, I think it was one of the Israel competition finalists, who said he was really interested in violin or something with more of a singing tone and didn’t know if harp could meet all of his musical needs. I think for sure people experiment with other instruments, and there are many “doublers” on

    in reply to: Newbie tuning question #157977
    kreig-kitts
    Member

    A lot of people tune harps to 3-flat so they can use the levers to play in the most common keys. If you have lever on the As, Es, and Bs, you can dune to E flat by raising all the A, E, and B levers and the harp will play in C. If your harp doesn’t have levers on those notes, however, it would probably be best to tune the harp to C if you play a lot of music in that key.

    in reply to: Harps and humidifiers #72730
    kreig-kitts
    Member

    wring it out – I’m a spelling nut and apologize for the error.

    in reply to: Harps and humidifiers #72729
    kreig-kitts
    Member

    Violinists use Dampits all the time and they make some for harp too. You can buy them directly (http://www.dampits.com)

    in reply to: Used harp music #72672
    kreig-kitts
    Member

    PS – I always buy my new music through the harp stores lime Melody’s and Sylvia Woods, since they usually organize it so well by composer, style, and type of harp. Just a plug for the harp music specialists when shopping new. I’ve always been weird about used books etc. It goes back to college when I was afraid of being led astray by a prior owner’s highlighting in case they ended up with a D.

    in reply to: Used harp music #72671
    kreig-kitts
    Member

    You might check business listings near large music schools, where students might unload editions they had to study. It will probably be much better for piano music and full scores. Bloomington, Indiana had a large and well-stocked used music store for years.

    When I want to sell something with minimum effort, I use Craigslist and would suggest trying it to search for music.

    Also, some used booksellers now sell through Amazon, which would give access to multiple vendors at once and ease searching. Usually used versions are listed with the main version so you’d want to search for particular titles or try browsing sheet music. Recently I got a terrific out of print book on jazz by David Baker that way.

    But I think the lesser number of harpist compared to pianists and violinists will make te pickings scarcer. It could well be that this post will be the best source, dice at least everybody reading it probably has some harp music.

    in reply to: Strange Conducting Stories #148540
    kreig-kitts
    Member

    Yes, it’s an episode where the station personalities have to come up with jingles for their shows, and of course Frasier goes overboard, composes a huge piece, then hires a chorus and orchestra for it and unleashes his inner Toscanini.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 505 total)