harpcolumn

what’s your favorite youtube video at the moment?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists what’s your favorite youtube video at the moment?

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    sherry-lenox
    Participant

Oh, incredible. She died in 1947 I think. What a terrible loss. She really had the sound in her blood. Perfect for “small” harp.

kreig-kitts

That is a wonderful clip of the aria.

A friend recently shared a video of a wonderful accordion player (really) that still has me somewhat amazed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0QQIf2-sqQ

harp guy
    Participant

my favorite harp related video:

Loreena Mckennitt’s Stolen child. Great shots of her harp, and she performs it FAR better than her original recording. It just gives me chills. And, if you keep an eye out, you should see the cellist’s carbon fiber cello. Pretty awesome.

Non harp (but music related):

I like the recordings of Margaret Whiting singing ‘Time after Time.’ What a wonderful love song!

Non music related video:

Don’t Honk at Old People

Favorite way to make my ears bleed:

‘Florence Jenkins Massacres Mozart’

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Florence Foster Jenkins was not merely a bad singer, she had the chutzpah to tackle the Queen of the Night.

Current harp favorite: the Handel B-flat lute and harp concerto with the lute included (Satoh).

Like the Loreena McKennitt too. Also Celso Duarte, both Sr. and Jr.

carl-swanson
    Participant

There’s a wonderful play about Florence Foster Jenkins called Souvenir. Try to see it if you get a chance. It was on Broadway about 4 years ago and I saw it there. Then there was a local (professional) production in Boston which in some ways was better than the Broadway production.

nicky t.
    Ken H.
    Participant

My Fav at the moment is Kathleen Ferrier and Celtic Harp!

deb-l
    Participant

my latest favorite, Ana Harp playing Baroque Flamenco.

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies