Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
john-strand
ParticipantRod – I love my dashes – I think of it as my “dashing technique” – Errol Flynn was also quite “dashing”, so I like to think I’m in good company –
john-strand
ParticipantBeth T. – this is an informal thought and idea sharing site – I for one am more interested in content than anything else – Do you actually have some thoughts or suggestions on tuning problems in the wedding situation (in your experience of course) to add to this discussion?
john-strand
ParticipantBeth T – I have 30 plus years of playing harp professionally including hundreds of weddings in all kinds of situations – I stand by my response –
john-strand
ParticipantHi again – here is a link I ran across with a couple of demonstrations that you might find interesting –
http://www.philharmonia.co.uk/thesoundexchange/the_orchestra/strings/harps/techniques/
You can probably surf this site for
john-strand
ParticipantIf you want to try the repeated note idea, (and I am assuming you are writing for pedal harp)
john-strand
ParticipantHi Krysty – go to the David Williams Harp Galleries Website link from Harp Column – he has 3 or 4 of them –
john-strand
ParticipantA friend of mine who goes back to the days of Keijan Attl in the 20s and 30s said that in those days in the high humidity strings would break
john-strand
Participantexcellent advice all around – weddings are really super special events for the folks involved and
john-strand
Participantjohn-strand
ParticipantWhen I saw Mildred Dilling back in the 1960’s in the dead of winter in a heated auditorium, she had a little bag of powder and regularly stopped to “dust” her hands.
john-strand
ParticipantThanks – he’s also got a wonderful smooth sound and a great playing harp – – –
john-strand
Participant


john-strand
ParticipantI think I have finally figured out how to load the pictures – we’ll see if it works – – – –
john-strand
ParticipantHow about Heidi Lehwalder playing the Danses on a 1978 arts channel video or Marisa Robles and James Galway doing the Mozart from about 1985 – I think it was a Lincoln Center program on PBS –
john-strand
ParticipantI think it’s great that you are composing – I think your harp piece would be nice done on a lever harp and also I can hear it on a wire strung harp – I think it would be quite effective –
-
AuthorPosts